ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
Reporting to the Community Engagement Director, ViiV is seeking an experienced, results-driven professional for the position of Community Engagement Manager. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment and work within the local community to drive performance for launch brand.
Additionally, the abilities to partner cross-functionally and to remain highly adaptable in a launch context will be critical. It is expected that the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience leading a diverse team and in developing strategic business plans with specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives.
Successful outcomes, partnering with local community organizations, and being aligned to ViiV’s mission of leaving no person with HIV behind. This will be achieved through driving results against business objectives and working effectively within an integrated account management framework.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Managing a Performance and Engagement Culture
- Recruit, hire and develop a high performing team of 15 Community Engagement Specialists. Build team capability for current and future needs, including attracting, identifying and developing a diverse talent pool
- Create a coaching culture and demonstrate situational leadership to maximize performance and development of each individual and deliver exceptional results for the team
- Set the tone and culture of the team, role model ViiV Expectations and manage change by leading through transitions with inspiration and high engagement
- Implement corrective action as appropriate to meet business needs and improve performance
- Lead teamwork and collaborative synergies and expectations across prevention and treatment teams to ensure a ONE ViiV approach in shared customer accounts
Managing the Business and Driving Performance
- Successfully lead newly formed team accountable to identify, target, and execute new business by working within the local community to launch a new approach to HIV prevention
- Partner with local sales leadership to identify and lead community-related initiatives that align to augmenting territory level sales in partnership with local sales teams
- Align and execute on business strategy – marketing, sales leadership, launch core team, multi-channel customer engagement, and employee development, to deliver exceptional results
- Prioritize and customize Regional investments/resources (People and Promotion) in a manner which maximizes top and bottom-line growth of the local market based upon identified opportunities as a result of evolving business environment
- Understand and link Regional healthcare ecosystem trends into business plans (payer – public and private, key community-based organizations, local economics, health-system & providers –and competition) to maximize success
- Deliver and adapt execution plans to achieve performance goals and objectives utilizing; KPIs, scaling of successes, business problem solving, etc.
- Develop and foster external relationships with key influential customers and thought leaders
Compliance Accountabilities and Values Based Culture
- Identify and manage risks, while allocating resources and executing on priorities
- Understand Regional (State level) regulatory environment and required changes for execution to stay compliant
- Act in ways consistent with ViiV’s culture, expectations, and values
- Be an agent of change by embracing the ambiguity in a launch environment and seeing setbacks as opportunities to learn and grow
- Escalate issues and risks and inform centrally when needed; create a ’speak up’ culture
- Implement Compliance and ViiV Risk Framework as applicable at Regional level
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 5+ years’ leadership experience (pharmaceutical sales and/or community based)
- Minimum of 3+ years’ pharmaceutical sales experience
- Demonstrated experience in a community leadership/engagement role, navigating, organizing and influencing key stakeholders, along with establishing community networks and pathways to expand outreach to underrepresented populations
- Experience partnering cross functionally within an integrated account team model that includes multiple field-based team members
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans with specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives
- Strong planning and organization skills, analytical ability, business acumen, decision making ability, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight travel, majority of time will be spent in market
- Valid Driver's License
- Communicate SOPs and ensure ViiV policies are followed, e.g. recognition, reward, discipline, people policies, mandatory training
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Life Sciences, Health Policy Health or Allied Health fields
- HIV/Specialty experience (pharmaceutical sales and/or community based)
- Strong connection to and understanding of community needs, specific to HIV prevention; with enthusiasm to promote new long-acting HIV prevention injectable to key communities
ViiV is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.