ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We seek CES candidates with opportunities available throughout the US...please visit our website to view locations and apply direct. URL listed below.
Reporting to the Community Engagement Manager, ViiV is seeking experienced, results-driven professionals for the position of Community Engagement Specialist (CES). The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment and work within the local community to drive performance for launch brand.
Additionally, the abilities to partner cross-functionally and to remain highly adaptable in a launch context will be critical. It is expected that the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans with specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives.
Successful outcomes, partnering with local community organizations, and being aligned to ViiV’s mission of leaving no person with HIV behind. This will be achieved through driving results against business objectives and working effectively within an integrated account management framework.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
Deliver Results Through Exceptional Teamwork and Service
- Identify, target, and execute new business by working within the local community to launch a new approach to HIV prevention
- Identify and lead community-related initiatives that align to augmenting territory level sales in partnership with local sales teams
- Deliver branded and unbranded content targeting PrEP support professionals (HIV testers, PrEP navigators, etc.)
- Focus on delivering clinical information and the role of a new long acting injectable in HIV prevention to underrepresented diverse populations, allied healthcare providers as well as PrEP decision makers and influencers
- Passionately deliver promotional activities for a new long acting injectable in HIV prevention, engaging and exciting communities and organizations disproportionately affected by HIV transmission
- Engage with social workers, case managers, treatment educators, discharge planners, outreach workers, and others directly or indirectly linked to the community in key organizations within the local communities: AIDS Service Organizations, Faith Based, ethnic organizations, and other community-based organizations
- Provide culturally relevant and appropriate resources for discussing PrEP options available to key customers
- Develop strong community networks and establish pathways to PrEP care to expand outreach to underrepresented populations
- Align and execute business plans that are tailored to the unique needs within a local market that help HCPs scale their prevention model to reach more patients in partnership with sales
- Coordinate, engage, and partner with multiple cross-functional team members (i.e., Sales, Clinical Nurse Educators, Field Reimbursement Managers and Medical) to deliver an integrated product experience to customers
- Maintain a portfolio-based selling mindset and close internal communication loops to ensure customers experience a cohesive, integrated ViiV experience
- Deliver and adapt execution plans to achieve performance goals and objectives utilizing; KPIs, scaling of successes, business problem solving, etc.
- Conduct community needs assessment via stakeholder mapping, identifying key influence points and developing Community Engagement Plans; mapping out pathways to PrEP
- Develop and foster external relationships with key influential customers and thought leaders
Compliance, Accountabilities, and Values Based Culture
- Act in ways consistent with ViiV’s culture, expectations, and values
- Be an agent of change by embracing the ambiguity in a launch environment and seeing setbacks as opportunities to learn and grow
- Escalate issues and risks when needed; display courage by ‘speaking up’
- Understand and follow key compliance and regulatory guidelines
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 3+ years’ pharmaceutical sales experience as consistent top performer, of which should include specialty or HIV experience
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a community-based engagement/liaison role with demonstrated experience navigating, organizing and influencing key stakeholders, along with establishing community networks and pathways to expand outreach to underrepresented populations
- Experience and understanding of how community and healthcare systems connect
- Experience of defining and executing market development strategies
- Experience partnering cross functionally within an integrated account team model that includes multiple field-based team members
- Strong planning and organization skills, analytical ability, business acumen, decision making ability, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight travel, majority of time will be spent in market
- Valid Driver's License