Consultant, Enriched Studies
GRE / Grade
140 - Consultant
Strategy Life Science
IQVIA is The Human Data Science Company, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
The IQVIA Real-World Solutions (RWS) team works with clients to support their use of clinically rich, patient-level healthcare datasets to answer specific research questions and make informed decisions. We are a collaborative, intellectually curious and innovative group looking to harness the value of Real-World Evidence (RWE) in a constantly evolving industry.
Specifically, you will be working in the RWS Enriched Studies Team. This team is responsible for advancing IQVIAs global ability to deliver real-world studies by building internal capabilities, exploring external collaboration, supporting client business development and overseeing the design and delivery of research studies. Enriched Studies integrate two methods of data collection (primary and secondary) to build a comprehensive longitudinal patient record for use in clinical research, with tangible benefits over conventional research methods. The group are innovative in their use of secondary data (e.g. electronic medical records, health claims) and often look for partnerships and collaborations with other healthcare companies and providers. Enriched Study methods are typically deployed in the observational research setting, although there is increasing interest in utilizing the approach for investigative clinical trials.
The team's responsibilities include:
- Identifying and assessing sources of patient-level Real World Data (RWD) for use in Enriched Studies, working with healthcare providers, data owners and health technology organisations
- Enhancing data management approaches to integrate/link sources of RWD
- Driving business development with life science companies, including development of research proposals for studies utilising innovative methods and RWD to generate evidence
- Overseeing design and delivery of research studies, often in collaboration with IQVIAs renowned functional research teams
- Supporting internal initiatives to explore and grow emerging research methods, such as the Enriched methodology for data collection and external comparators
- Raising awareness of these emerging research methods, both within IQVIA and externally to stakeholders
As a Consultant you will join a high profile and talented team, supporting the development and delivery of Enriched Studies. You will provide high quality, time-sensitive input to both client projects and internally funded capability development projects, often taking on a project manager or lead role on initiatives. Assignments range in complexity, from the implementation of well-established Enriched methods to the exploration and development of highly-tailored solutions leveraging new and innovative partnerships across multiple geographies. The successful candidate will benefit from professional development and learning opportunities within a highly innovative team.
The Consultant will work on client research studies and internal development projects with multidisciplinary teams. Your responsibilities will include:
- Expanding your knowledge of observational research approaches, especially emerging/novel methods in use throughout the industry
- Building a strong understanding of health technology advances that improve ability to conduct Enriched Studies
- Managing projects and teams that span client, collaborator and internal initiatives
- Leading meetings with clients, collaborators and internal teams, overseeing their preparation, delivery and follow-up
- Independently researching specific solutions to inform their design
- Working closely with the senior business and scientific leaders to develop project proposals and win client business
- Advancing ambiguous or conceptual ideas into tangible and practical plans as part of the start-up and ongoing execution of development projects.
- Owning sections of reports, presentations and other client deliverables
- Building a deep knowledge of IQVIA data sources and the broader RWD landscape
- Flexibly supporting Enriched Study Team colleagues and the broader IQVIA team, managing your time across multiple assignments
Skills and Experience
Candidates will have:
- 2+ years of experience in at leastone of the following:
- Healthcare with a focus on real-world evidence, real-world data sources (e.g. EHR, healthcare claims data, patient registries) and methods for use
- Observational research (scientific, epidemiological and operational aspects)
- Healthcare and life sciences consulting
- Experience in a problem-solving and fast paced environment
- Comfort in juggling priorities while retaining high quality outputs
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including virtual presentations, chairing meetings and business and report writing
- Competency in using MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and developing clear storylines in their communications
- Flexibility and maturity to manage assignments across multiple workstream projects and client studies
- Experience in managing stakeholders on cross-functional projects, including junior staff and upwards management of more senior colleagues (desired but not essential)
Consultant will have:
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience (outlined in Skills & Experience)
- An undergraduate degree from a leading institution with strong academic track record in life sciences, economics, business
- A postgraduate qualification in a related discipline (desired but not essential)
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.