IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Consultant, Payer Analytics
The IQVIA Commercial Outsourcing Services team, is a market-leading analytics outsourcing division within IQVIA that helps manufacturers in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry meet the challenges of today's complex market landscape. We create value for our clients by providing insight to some of the most advanced pharmaceutical and biologic therapies, targeting challenging and complex healthcare needs of patients in the US. Our team uses the power of healthcare data to help manufacturers measure the impact of market access on brand performance and the cascading influence this has on how prescribers and patients gain access to innovative therapies. We support manufacturers by providing deep insights into the geographic variations of patient, insurer, and prescriber behavior and thereby help manufacturers make decisions regarding effective strategies for sales and marketing execution, payer and patient strategies, etc.
Our Consultant will work closely with our clients in the area of payer analytics, actively manage a variety of project related initiatives to answer key client business questions and objectives. The Consultant is responsible for developing the specific approach and methodologies of individual project workstreams and ensuring that the analytical and strategic outputs are executed with accuracy, quality, and completeness for client deliverables. The Consultant will function as part of a team and ensure work is completed in a timely manner and with high quality to meet all project milestones and timelines. The analytic rigor, leadership, and creativity of our Consultants' work is critical to the success of our engagements and our practice.
- Lead payer analysis projects directly with clients
- Design and oversee performance of analyses using a wide range of "big data" assets (IQVIA and external) to derive trends, conclusions, and actionable recommendations for clients
- Lead internal brainstorming and collaborative development sessions with project team members to solve complex problems and optimize solutions to address client needs
- Synthesize complex data and information into actionable results and recommendations from the evaluation of secondary data sources to answer a wide range of market, therapeutic, prescriber, patient, payer, and competitive related questions
- Design and oversee execution of analytical models to inform strategies, patient cost and affordability programs, prescriber utilization, and brand performance / financial modeling
- Create reports, presentations and other client deliverables
- Present to client audiences in face-to-face meetings and via teleconference
- Build professional relationships with members of the client engagement team
- Actively manage more junior team members work on projects
- Develop deep knowledge of the healthcare industry and consulting methodologies
- Assist with recruiting new team members and participate in the interview process
An ideal candidate will have:
- 3-4 years of work experience in consulting, payer data analytics, or other relevant areas within the life sciences industry
- A strong undergraduate academic record (master's degree is a plus), excellent problem-solving abilities, exceptional communication skills, strong quantitative skills, and be a proven team contributor
- An interest in and desire to learn about the constantly evolving healthcare industry
- Exceptional project management, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral)
- Exceptional IT literacy including SQL, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Excel (SAS is a plus)
- Knowledge of IQVIA datasets for payer analytics and ideally patient analytics
- A willingness to relocate or travel to client sites
Total Rewards: We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.