Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
The IQVIA Market Access Strategy Consulting team (formerly known as Amundsen Consulting), is a market-leading strategy and analytics division within IQVIA that helps manufacturers in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry meet the challenges of today's patient access and affordability landscape. We create value for our clients by improving patient access to some of the most advanced pharmaceutical and biologic therapies, targeting challenging and complex healthcare needs of patients in the US.
Our team uses the power of healthcare data to help manufacturers measure the impact of market access on brand performance and the cascading influence this has on how prescribers and patients gain access to innovative therapies. We support manufacturers by providing deep insights into the geographic variations of patient, insurer, and prescriber behavior and thereby help manufacturers implement more effective strategies for sales execution, insurer contracting, net revenue optimization, and all varieties of patient assistance programs.
The Market Access Strategy Consulting team at IQVIA recruits individuals with degrees from some of the world's top institutions. As a new hire, you will be provided on-the-job training that will allow you to develop the skills and business acumen necessary to successfully navigate the largest and most comprehensive set of US healthcare data assets. The knowledge and experience you build as a Consultant will prepare you to generate high-quality insights and analytics for senior leaders at the top pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the US to address a wide variety of evolving business needs.
Consultants act as project team leaders who actively manage a variety of project related initiatives to answer key client business questions and objectives. The Consultant is responsible for developing the specific approach and methodologies of individual project workstreams and ensuring that the analytical and strategic outputs are executed with accuracy, quality, and completeness for client deliverables. In most engagements, the Consultant will also work with and mentor 2-3 junior colleagues to ensure work is completed in a timely manner and with high quality to meet all project milestones and timelines. The analytic rigor, leadership, and creativity of our Consultants' work is critical to the success of our engagement teams and our practice.
- Lead one or more project teams on day-to-day management of client projects
- Design and oversee performance of strategic analyses using a wide range of "big data" assets (IQVIA and external) to derive trends, conclusions, and actionable recommendations for clients
- Lead internal brainstorming and collaborative development sessions with project team members to solve complex problems and optimize solutions to address client needs
- Synthesize complex data and information into actionable results and recommendations from the evaluation of secondary data sources to answer a wide range of market, therapeutic, prescriber, patient, payer, and competitive related questions
- Design and oversee execution of sophisticated predictive models to inform contracting strategies, patient cost and affordability programs, prescriber utilization, and brand performance / financial modeling
- Develop project work plans for engagement teams
- Create reports, presentations and other client deliverables
- Present to client audiences in face-to-face meetings and via teleconference
- Build professional relationships with members of the client engagement team
- Actively manage more junior team members work on projects
- Develop deep knowledge of the healthcare industry and consulting methodologies
- Assist with recruiting new team members and participate in the interview process
An ideal candidate will have:
- 3-4 years of work experience in consulting, data analytics, or other relevant areas within the life sciences industry
- A strong undergraduate academic record (master's degree is a plus), excellent problem-solving abilities, exceptional communication skills, strong quantitative skills, and be a proven team contributor
- An interest in and desire to learn about the constantly evolving healthcare industry
- Exceptional project management, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral)
- Exceptional IT literacy e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel (SQL is a plus)
- A willingness to travel as needed (10-20% on average)
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
QVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1057073