Corporate Compliance Director / Senior Corporate Compliance Director - Market Access
Similar jobs like this one
Senior Director - Market Access - Specialty Areas
Corporate Compliance Director / Senior Corporate Compliance Director - Market Access
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
We build on the strength of our research and development expertise and a distinctive, entrepreneurial culture that encourages diversity, innovation, creativity, sustainability, and, simply, fun. Since inception, our mission has been to find a cure for pulmonary arterial hypertension and other life-threatening diseases. Toward this goal we have successfully gained FDA approval for five medicines, we are always conducting new clinical trials, and we are working to create an unlimited supply of manufactured organs for transplantation.
We are the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of “medicines for life”. We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, and other orphan diseases.
How you’ll contribute
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, this role is the primary Compliance professional to the Strategic Operations (Market Access) department, which includes commercial operations, government pricing, trade, managed markets, the field reimbursement team, and the Company's reimbursement hub. The Corporate Compliance Director will support the functional leadership team and be responsible for providing strategic and tactical Compliance support for all critical core Compliance Program elements, including guidance, delivering impactful, role-based training, conducting live monitoring, as well as creating compliance-related policies, procedures and resources.
- OVERSIGHT & RESPONSIBILITY - * Serve as the Compliance business partner and subject matter expert to the Strategic Operations Department, which is responsible for Market Access. Provide guidance and coaching on complex Compliance issues related to payor relationships, distribution, coverage and reimbursement, product pricing and government pricing, state pricing transparency, field reimbursement activities and patient support programs * Drive the development, implementation and strategic direction for Compliance strategy for UT's Strategic Operations function, to ensure alignment to the UT Corporate Compliance strategy; and provide leadership on complex Compliance issues related to UT's Corporate Compliance strategy and Strategic Operations' strategy, including oversight and support to ensure integration into business operations and work with key stakeholders to ensure organization initiatives are implemented * Serve on Company’s Pricing and Market Access Committee, as well as the governance committee for the Company’s reimbursement hub * Establish and maintain dialogue with executive team and other stakeholders to effectively communicate, guide and coach on compliance program developments * Promote with stakeholders a proactive approach to Compliance that is focused on partnerships, prevention, and risk mitigation * Identify and respond to compliance issues and questions in a thoughtful, solutions-oriented and timely manner, in alignment with Compliance best practices
- POLICIES & PROCEDURES - * Drive innovative improvements through leading the development, review/update and implementation of Compliance best practices, policies and procedures applicable to Strategic Operations; create policy- and procedure-based resources; and review materials developed for the function (training materials, presentations, guides, etc.) to ensure alignment with Compliance policies * Support and provide guidance in compliance review and approval processes related to Strategic Operations activities
- TRAINING & COMMUNICATION - * Develop and deliver engaging, role-specific Compliance trainings; with the ability to adapt and deliver both virtually and in-person * Communicate directly and proactively with clients to support business needs and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- MONITORING & AUDITING - * Implement all live compliance monitoring and back end monitoring activities along with on-going measurement, tracking and reporting * Leverage monitoring and auditing data to identify trends to present to functional leadership, along with coaching and recommendations to address non-compliant trends (training, investigation, corrective action, etc.)
- INVESTIGATION & CORRECTIVE ACTION - * Develop, implement and maintain robust corrective action processes, in collaboration with Human Resources and the Compliance Committee, to support continuous improvement and compliance policy adherence
- RISK ASSESSMENT - * Responsible for risk mitigation activities ( Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan - “RAMP”) associated with the Strategic Operations department, including the creation and implementation of mitigation plans and processes to facilitate appropriate follow-up and close-out of compliance issues per Compliance monitoring and auditing procedures
- OTHER - * Actively foster stakeholder engagement through meaningful and intentional cross-functional business partnerships (attend all sales and marketing field meetings, participate in field ride alongs, etc.) * Raise awareness of the Compliance program and foster department and org-wide accountability for compliance * Maintain effective rapport with other staff members, client professional support staff, and administrators
- All other duties as assigned
For this role you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in business, finance, life sciences or healthcare with 15 years of experience in the Life Sciences industry OR master’s degree (MA/MS/MBA) in business, finance, life sciences or healthcare with 13 years of experience in the Life Sciences industry
- Director Level: 8 years of experience related to Market Access in the Life Sciences Industry
- Senior Director Level: 10 years of experience related to Market Access in the Life Sciences Industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory/compliance requirements, including Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, government pricing regulations, and state price transparency laws and regulations
- Microsoft Office Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating flexibility, commitment to teamwork, and a willingness to adapt assignments to meet the Company's needs
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with internal stakeholders
- Acts with a sense of urgency, with high motivation and ability to take initiative, follow through and complete projects in a professional and expeditious manner
- Strong presentation skills, including creating and delivering presentations to various size audiences at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills, including robust and advanced documentation practices
- Handles confidential matters with discretion and solid judgement
- Produces high quality work with minimal oversight from manager
- Director Level: 4 years of experience directly related to Compliance within the Market Access
- Senior Director Level: 6 years of experience directly related to Compliance within the Market Access
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
While United Therapeutics does not require vaccination for Covid-19 at this time, we strongly encourage all employees and visitors to remain up to date on vaccinations and boosters to protect one another from illness. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere and comply with customers’ credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination against Covid -19, the influenza virus, and other illnesses that could be harmful to healthcare staff and patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities