The job details are as follows:
What We Do
We build on the strength of our research and development expertise and a distinctive, entrepreneurial culture that encourages diversity, innovation, creativity, sustainability, and, simply, fun. Since inception, our mission has been to find a cure for pulmonary arterial hypertension and other life-threatening diseases. Toward this goal we have successfully gained FDA approval for five medicines, we are always conducting new clinical trials, and we are working to create an unlimited supply of manufactured organs for transplantation.
We are the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them..
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of “medicines for life”. We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, and other orphan diseases.
How you’ll contribute
Under the direction of the senior leadership of Corporate Real Estate, the Corporate Real Estate Manager supports the development and construction of new facilities as well as renovation of existing facilities for all UT companies and subsidiaries.
- In partnership with CRE leadership, manage the design, development and construction of facility projects
- Manage the coordination of design, development and construction activities to include, but not limited to, architect, contractor and consultant solicitation, selection and contracting, design and construction document review, and construction management and administration
- Prepare (or assist in preparation as appropriate) consultant, design and construction contracts on the company’s forms; assure the obligations of such contracts are satisfied
- Develop and manage project budgets and schedules; complete projects in accordance with company approved budgets and schedules
- Implement, manage and confirm UTs obligations as detailed in lease and work letter agreements for leased facilities
- Manage, communicate and interact with the UTs contractors, architects, consultants, and other project team members
- Oversee, manage and direct outsource development and/or construction management consultant services and activities as the project requires
- Manage the successful completion and close-out of construction projects to assure occupancy and operational status by required dates
- Manage consultant and contractor payment applications, including review of invoices for conformance with contract documents
- Work closely with end-user groups to ensure alignment of expectations throughout the project and satisfaction upon move-in
- Administer the collection of acceptable certificates of insurance, lien waivers and other required project documents, process consultant and contractor payments, monitor tenant improvement allowance budgets, and maintain project files
- Prepare Project Status and Performance Reports
- Manage the project Cash Usage Reports (i.e. cash flow and capital spending forecasting analyses)
- Provide general support to other shared service departments (IT, Security, Technical Operations, HR, etc.) of the company as needed
- Manage internal and external risk at all levels of the project
- Interact with outside parties including but not limited to neighbors, abutting property owners, visitors, guests, etc.
- Support CRE and the Finance/Accounting Department in segregating project costs; processing payment invoices and applications; and tracking construction allocation by contractor or sub-contractor region/municipality
- Support CRE leadership in strategic planning and portfolio management activities
- All other duties as required
For this role you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in engineering, construction management, or related discipline; or experience equivalent to the completion of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or related discipline
- 8+ years of base building construction field experience in monitoring and inspecting a wide range of construction disciplines including demolition, sitework, foundations, metal framing, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, roofing and interior and exterior finishes with ideally at least one project with a total value of $10M
- 8+ years of experience in the review of building plans, specifications and estimates of materials and costs
- Familiar with the real estate development process
- Familiar with real estate portfolio management practices
- Familiar collaborating and building consensus with diverse teams of subject matter experts
- Ability to manage several large ongoing projects with accelerated schedules
- Notary License
- Familiar with design and construction of GMP facilities
- Familiar with the design, construction and commissioning process of life science facilities
- Organizational agility, knows how to get things done through formal channels and informal networks
- Excellent listening skills and be able to communicate effectively
- Action oriented and takes ownership of tasks and responsibilities and follows through to successful completion
- Balance and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to work during the week/weeknights and/or weekends as needed
- Detail-oriented, organized and motivated
- Proficient in the use of project management software
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
While United Therapeutics does not require vaccination for Covid-19 at this time, we strongly encourage all employees and visitors to remain up to date on vaccinations and boosters to protect one another from illness. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere and comply with customers’ credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination against Covid -19, the influenza virus, and other illnesses that could be harmful to healthcare staff and patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities