United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Corporate Sales Trainer will create a learning environment that challenges associates to elevate skills that produce results. Through a coordinated effort with Sales and Marketing, this role will focus on the development of selling skills, clinical, therapeutic and product knowledge, as well as tools and resources that support the brand strategies. They will work to support sales management by teaching, coaching and training their associates on identified and agreed upon objectives. The Corporate Sales Trainer is expected to continuously demonstrate ownership and accountability for assigned projects; this includes Commercial Training & Development programs associated with the Learning & Development Continuum (Foundational, Advanced, and Professional Development) as well as Sales and Marketing initiatives. This role requires a collaborative and flexible approach to learning and development that is both proactive and responsive to the needs of our internal and external customers.
- Training Development & Delivery: Partner primarily with Sales, Marketing and Training to assess, design and deliver training solutions to meet the current objectives; execute blended training programs at initial sales trainings, national meetings, regional meetings, and other events; create agendas, build tactics, organize speakers, and manage logistics for program design and delivery; with management direction, will research, write and distribute background product information to supplement recently published articles, answer frequently asked questions and gain a further understanding of competitive issues; stay current with training technologies and skills by attending professional meetings and trainer development events as appropriate
- Training Evaluation & Effectiveness: Proactively assess knowledge gaps within field teams and in collaboration with appropriate colleagues; work to address gaps through training initiatives and programs; continuously evaluate and measure the effectiveness of current training programs and identify improvements that sustain and improve comprehension, application, and competence; evaluates training curricula and works with training leadership to keep programs current and relevant for the field; assists field managers in ongoing associate development by providing written and verbal feedback
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Partner with commercial team leaders and HR business partners to identify skills and competencies needed to strengthen the company’s pipeline of talent
- Perform other duties as assigned
For this role you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) or equivalent experience in a pharmaceutical learning & development role
- 5+ years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- 2+ years of experience in a sales training role OR PAH and/or PH-ILD field experience
- Ability to effectively lead virtual training using platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Adobe Connect
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other commonly-used programs
- Ability to keep others regularly informed of decisions, changes, objections, budgets and priorities; effectively communicate updates on projects to management
- Strong facilitation skills and can engage others with common questions and feedback techniques
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and delegate occasionally to produce the desired result within timelines
- Ability to gather appropriate level of resources including budget, people, and vendors
- Ability to create clear, concise, well-organized and grammatically correct written documents
- Work to keep the team moving toward completion of their goals
- Ability to develop advanced speaking skills in one-on-one, small group and large audience settings
- Ability to develop a business relationship with key internal and external customers - specifically Sales, Marketing, Promotional Review Board, and vendor management
- Solid analytical skills and able to craft learning objectives and tactics that support the complete learning experience
- Ability to create an assessment of skills and knowledge as part of a training event
- Ability to create effective presentations
- 1+ years of experience developing and delivering training, managing meetings, managing vendors and budgets
- Ability to use a blended learning approach to support adult learning
- Knowledge of sales force management, sales force expansion, and tactical implementation
- Curriculum design, presentation design and delivery experience
- Learning management systems experience
- Strong knowledge of or training in adult education techniques
- Veeva Vault or Zinc experience
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities