About the Department
The Legal department is comprised of our Legal and Patents functions. We depend on our legal team to help drive growth and maintain the highest level of standards and practices across all of our legal efforts. It’s a tall order, which is why we only hire those who thrive on protecting the interests of our patients, employees and business, all while creating and implementing efficient and innovative solutions. As part of the team, you’ll work with employees across the organization to oversee legal matters and provide guidance on strategies that drive business and policy priorities and shape the reputation of Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI). At Novo Nordisk, your skills, dedication and ambition will help us change lives for the better. In exchange, we’ll offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Provide legal counsel to global healthcare company on relevant issues involving application of U.S. law, regulations, and industry standards.
Acts as Counsel on the Clinical Commercial and Corporate Law team. Interacts with department colleagues and individuals in other NNI departments, including but not limited to Medical, Regulatory, Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, and Ethics, Compliance & Privacy. May interact with government agencies, law firms, trade organizations and other external agencies. Reports to a Managing Assistant General Counsel.
- In coordination with managing attorney, serves as a legal advisor for assigned Business Units to help appropriately shape and execute brand strategy, objectives, and initiatives
- Primary responsibility serving as legal advisor on promotional and other material review committees, which involves counseling on such issues as disease awareness and marketing campaigns, patient support programs, digital tools, patient education and social media
- Additional areas of responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing timely, practical and compliant solutions for a wide-range of commercial legal issues while effectively managing risks
- Identifying new laws, regulations and industry trends affecting the company and assist with development of policies and training as needed
- Advising on interactions with health care providers, patients, and payors in compliance with fraud and abuse laws such as the U.S. Anti-Kickback Statute and industry codes, such as the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Providers
- Participating in product lifecycle planning
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts
- Performing other duties as assigned by management
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A J.D. is required. A state bar admission is required
- 4+ years of legal experience preferred
- Experience within the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry (including experience with FDA, advertising and promotion, anti-kickback, antitrust, privacy, pharmaceutical or medical device product liability) preferred though not required
- Strong problem-solving skills - demonstrates and exercises creativity and initiative
- Strong written and verbal communications skills - able to effectively collaborate and communicate with other client groups within the company
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.