Site Name: USA - Arkansas - Bentonville
Posted Date: Jun 23 2020
We currently have a career opportunity for a Customer Sales Manager on the Sam’s Club team in Rogers, AR. In this role you will be responsible for achieving defined brand strategies, top line sales objectives, P&L management, and share goals, with Sam’s Club. It is key for this position to work in a cross-functional relationship between Sam’s Club, the GSK customer team, and the various internal disciplines.
The Customer Sales Manager contributes to GSK’s success by executing a profitable selling strategy in assigned accounts. Responsible to manage key customer relationships to include negotiating customer agreements that deliver against annual GSK operating plans while successfully delivering against the customer’s expectations. The CSM is GSK’s “Ambassador” to the trade and represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customer needs and expectations are met. Further this person must prepare and conduct quarterly internal presentations and have excellent internal/external relationship building skills to engage and connect GSK and the customer’s executive team, to identify value-creation opportunities, to build trust in our communities and to endorse and support the execution of initiatives, plans and strategies.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following… Creates plans that use insights and deep understanding of our customer’s business needs and strategies.
- Apply best practice and commercial execution tools and approaches to drive profitable growth and competitive advantage in the account.
- Consistent commitment to success at shelf focused on the presence of brand and claims in the retail environment.
- Proven ability to bring science to life with customers/Healthcare professionals to secure recommendation and create competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate excellent financial acumen across the relevant sections of the customer’s portfolio P&L.
- Effectively manage risks and opportunities relating to the customer P&L.
- Proven ability to effectively forecast customer sales volume.
- Analyze competitive activity and business performance to further business performance.
- Proactively identify new opportunities and constantly anticipate the need for change.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with senior customer contacts, internal departments and healthcare professionals. Inspire customer with category and brand plans through persuasive communication.
- Act as a role model, ensuring that everything you and the team do is in line with our values and serves patients and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years relevant OTC experience (Sam’s Club and/or Walmart Experience a Plus)
- Experience with executing successful account penetration strategy and developing strong relationships with Trade customer’s senior management
- Experience interpreting data from several sources to identify opportunities, forecast business trends and analysis of E2 measures.
- Experience effectively documenting complex issues and proposals in succinct and persuasive manner. Effective communication skills
- Experience presenting to groups representing multiple and dissenting points of view; and ability to formulate a negotiation strategy.
- Demonstrated success leading the business planning cycle for assigned Drive Customers and ability to effective balance GSK equity and Customer goals.
- Demonstrated competence in a variety of computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Madrid, IRI and other Database Management Systems.
- Ability to adapt to first time situations and opportunities applying previous enterprise wide experience to deliver a sustained business model which supports above industry growth.
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate effectively as part of a team and with key Stakeholders
- Experience searching out new ways to improve performance and share best practices
- Demonstrated success advancing customers digital agenda
- Analytic and curious team player
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.