Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
The Privacy Analytics Data Services team is seeking a Data Analyst to develop expertise in re-identification science. A university degree with a strong focus on mathematical/statistical modeling and computer programming is expected. The ability to gain information from various sources and apply them to new and complex problems is also critical for success in this role. Expertise will be required to understand and communicate in a clear and concise manner what constitutes acceptable risk when releasing a health care data set.
As part of the Services team, the Data Analyst will work with clients and internal staff using information and techniques available in academia and other domains. Further to formal training and on-the-job coaching in this role, responsibilities will include re-identification risk assessments, methodology reviews, and risk management support to clients. This role helps manage the risk to the public and clients seeking to anonymize their data.
- Develop expertise in re-identification science and de-identification standards, including cross-sectional and longitudinal data, microdata, tabular data, and remote access systems
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative risk analysis for a variety of clients in and outside of the healthcare domain, and document the results of these analyses in client-facing reports and presentations
- Inform the development of algorithms and recommend improvements to core software products
- Facilitate, conduct, and coach others on the use of various risk analysis techniques
- Act as a go-to resource for marketing and sales teams in support of go-to-market and sales activities
- Travel may occasionally be required for conferences, training/coaching, and/or certain client workshops
- B.Sc in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong mathematics and statistics skills are essential
- Strong computer programming skills, especially pertaining to data analysis and modeling (e.g. R, SQL, Python, Java, Scala)
- Ability to work within one or more project teams and manage multiple projects at various stages of development
- Willingness to take initiative
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to present work and explain findings to senior leadership and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A post graduate degree and research experience
- Knowledge of re-identification science, statistical disclosure control, or privacy laws
- Previous consulting work, as this role involves frequent contact with clients
- Course work or training in risk based problem solving and risk based decision making
- Experience working with health, financial, or marketing data
- Experience with algorithm development with subsequent validation
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1061207