Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
We are currently seeking a hands-on Data Engineer for our Sydney Office. This is a unique opportunity for a passionate expert to help our customers in resolving complex client issues/business needs. The key purpose of these role is to acquire, integrate, transform, and prepare data. You will utilise your ETL design and development skills to develop solutions and implement data engineering strategies within Healthcare industry.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing methods and framework using tool for data extraction, data transformation, data load, data quality management, and data audit process. Implementation of ETL Framework.
- Using SSIS, Design, develop and implement data integration (ETL) processes to transform structured data, unstructured data, disparate source data into the target data warehouse or data marts
- Design, develop and implement data marts / data warehouses to solve specific business requirements and enable reporting and analytics.
- Developing processes for data quality management
As a Data Engineer specialist, you will have previous experience in developing a framework, methods, and best practices for the development team. Required key skills will include:
- Bachelor's degree with 6-10 years of related experience ideally within the consulting and life sciences industry
- Deep expertise in SSIS & ETL techniques in translating business needs into data management and data engineering requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of data extraction, data transformation, and data load - the concepts and technology
- Excellent experience with business intelligence, data warehouses, and advanced analytics. In-depth understanding of data management concepts
- Excellent knowledge of data profiling and data quality management
- Developing data movement audit and error management process including Data reconciliation
- Strong expertise in backend database development (i.e. Microsoft SQL)
- Advanced level knowledge for data modelling methodologies and concepts such as Kimball, Data Vault, Data Lake, Star Schema etc. Strong SQL and dB skills
- Relational database experience such as SQL Server, Oracle, etc
- Recent experience working as a designer/consultant/ senior developer with ETL tools on large and complex data sets involving - BI, MDM, CDW, Data Lake, and Bigdata.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to collaborate well with stakeholders, business and technical skills with good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience identifying and deploying process improvements
- Hands on experience in tool upgrades and server administration
- Assist build and Develop IQVIA data engineering capabilities - people, processes, and technology
- Create interactive environments for data exploration and adoption of next-generation technology platforms like Data Science, Advanced Analytics, and Machine Learning.
- Assist with business development activities, reviews and analyses client requirements/problems and provide appropriate data engineering solutions.
- Developing our data engineering capabilities using tool ETL tools like SSIS while maintaining our current ETL SQL Script code.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1050061