IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We are currently seeking an experienced Data Engineer for our Sydney office to focus on business intelligence and analytics solutions for the life science industry. This is a unique opportunity for a passionate data engineering expert to help our customers in sales, marketing and commercial teams make informed data driven decisions across a vast array of data sources. You will bring proven experience and data engineering capabilities to design and develop end to end processes to support BI and analytics solutions.
- Gather client functional and technical requirements
- Capable of working with client to develop a strategy that supports current and future needs
- Design, develop and implement data marts / data warehouses to solve specific business requirements and enable reporting and analytics
- Establish development standards and establish quality processes to deliver stable and reliable solutions
- Validate that the design and end solution meet the specified requirements
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the customer expectations are managed effectively
- Provide estimates for sales opportunities that are realistic and achievable.
- Mentoring of junior consultants
- Work with service & support team to resolve escalated operational issues
- Assist with business development activities, reviews and analyses client requirements/problems and provide appropriate data engineering solutions.
You will bring:
- Bachelor's degree with 5-8 years of related experience in consulting, life sciences industry or FMCG
- Bring deep expertise in data engineering tools & techniques in translating business needs into data data management and data engineering requirements.
- Excellent experience with business intelligence, data warehouses, and advanced analytics. In-depth understanding of data management; data modelling methodologies and concepts such as Kimball, Data Vault etc
- Strong core SQL skills, especially when it comes to developing and performance tuning complex reporting queries
- Excellent knowledge of data profiling, data quality management, data extraction, data transformation, and data load - the concepts and technology
- Work experience & certification (well regarded) with ETL toolset such as SSIS and Other ETL Tools
- Relational database experience such as SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Recent experience working as a designer/consultant/ senior developer with ETL tools on large and complex data sets involving - BI, MDM, CDW, Data Lake, and Bigdata.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to collaborate well with stakeholders, business and technical skills with good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to influence and engage and build effective relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- Proven experience identifying and deploying process improvements
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1050061