We live in a world where most information is readily available at our fingertips. You might be surprised to learn that the situation in hospitals is rather different. The systems used for electronic healthcare records (EHR) facilitate the clinical workflow, retrieving and storing information for each patient. There is, however, a large need for secondary usage of this data. Think of linking patients to clinical trials, medical research studies, and care quality assessment. For this purpose CTcue has developed a search engine that enables medical professionals to find patient cohorts and collect data. In all that we do, we have the doctors and patients at the fore of our mind, and we also make sure to strictly adhere to privacy regulations. CTcue is currently used on a daily basis by 30+ hospitals in The Netherlands and in Belgium.
CTcue is a scale-up, which means there is a lot of room to make your own mark and propose and work out creative solutions. The direction and view are largely determined. There is a clear vision on what we are as a company. The initial versions of the product have passed and now there is an established market for our product. The atmosphere has a start-up feel with great team spirit based on collaboration and chasing a goal together. There is little hierarchy, making everyone in the company approachable.
What are you going to do?
As a data engineer you will design, implement, and improve data pipelines in hospitals with a wide variety of data sources, both on-premise, and in the cloud. You will do this in a collaborative environment: the data warehousing team consists of 6 people and has various responsibilities ranging from data warehouse design & data mapping to ETL pipeline development. You will be involved in all of these activities, with a special focus on creating and improving ETL pipelines in order to improve the team's productivity and the product's stability.
Additionally, you will be part of a larger, cross-functional and dynamic team consisting of developers, designers, medical consultants and NLP engineers.
- Collaborate on the design and development of the CTcue data warehouse & ETL pipeline ecosystem using Python and SQL
- Design & develop new testable Python data pipelines primarily in a Prefect-driven architecture
- Contribute to & provide support for existing pipelines
- Develop SQL data transformations and connectors for new medical data sources
You are a professional who is passionate about improving healthcare and having a real impact. You have developed yourself as a data engineer with a software engineering background. You have an appetite to learn and to develop yourself, an innate curiosity, and you can bring to light clarity around abstract and unclear problems. You feel comfortable working in a self-organizing company.
- You have extensive experience with writing Python in a testable and scalable fashion
- History of successfully designing/developing data pipelines (e.g. Prefect, Airflow, Luigi, Dagster)
- You are comfortable writing SQL (both DDL and DML)
- You are able to clearly explain and translate conceptual ideas to fellow data engineers and other development teams
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
Nice to have
- Eagerness to learn more and stay up to date with industry best practices
- Affinity with the medical domain
- Knowledge of medical data standards such as FHIR and/or OMOP
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com