Under broad guidance, designs or modifies database designs to solve database processing problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
• Performs database analysis and database design tasks.
• Ensures that databases meet required operational standards and performance levels (as measured by reliability, response time, query execution time, etc.). Participates in database consultations and database design reviews.
• Develops and implements backup and recovery strategies.
• Activities include: denormalization, developing data archival schemes, sizing, creation of data definition language and database objects, referential integrity and security enforcement and application optimization.
• Performs the administration, monitoring, tuning and support of databases in the production environment.
• Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or related discipline or knowledge acquired through equivalent experience Req
• Two (2) years of information technology experience Req
• One (1) year experience in the database administration area Req
• Ability to proactively identify complex problems and needs and develop solutions/recommendations to solve problems.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.