IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Evidence Driven Design services are a component of IQVIA CoreTM-enabled Clinical Development solutions. These services integrate drug development and trial design expertise with real world data, transformative technologies, methods, and work models.
The Design Analyst defines data needs, conducts design analytics, and develops and delivers reports and structured outputs to support protocol assessments and trial design decision making. This an individual contributor role that reports to a regionally-based Design Analytics Lead.
- Support Design Analytics Leads in the conduct and delivery of Protocol Assessments as part of new opportunity development and on-going project delivery. Responsibilities include working with sales, Medical and therapeutic strategy leads, and global feasibility leads and other stakeholders to understand key challenges within a protocol design, identifying and executing standard and custom analytics to pressure test protocols, and interpreting and summarizing the findings from those analytics into meaningful insights.
- Ensure quality and timely project deliverables
- Partner cross functionally to present protocol assessment findings and to determine collaboratively how to apply the results
- Ensure all relevant data is leveraged for and included in client deliverables
- Make recommendations and suggestions to the team regarding data utilization and process implementation
- Coordinate the collection and delivery of appropriate data and analytics from broad range of sources to address trial design related questions
- Reconcile and interpret cross-functional data
- Function as a subject matter expert for data sources and tools utilized within the protocol assessment process
- Input into, review, and production of proposal text
- Contribute to training and support of new team members
- Participate in the continuous improvement of departmental processes and procedures
- May participate in functional area initiatives, special project assignments and act as departmental cross functional liaison.
- Maintain proficiency of skills and knowledge and remain current with industry trends based on current literature
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of medical terminology, GCP, FDA regulations, and Drug Development process,
- understanding of clinical research
- Tolerance for technological challenges
- Proven experience of managing raw data, through to aggregated information, to drive knowledgeable outcomes
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and role/task versatility
- comfort with ambiguity and novel situations
- Capacity and disposition for collaboration across disciplines
- Self-starter, highly motivated, quick learner
- Knowledge of decision analysis techniques, database analysis methods, basic statistical analysis and reporting, and technical writing
- Strong computer literacy, including database mining and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, manage time and multiple tasks, and effectively prioritize tasks
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in medical, science, or informatics related field or equivalent experience
- Clinical research drug development experience - 3+ years' experience in, clinical planning, and/or clinical trial operations preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude with novel technologies and applied data analytics
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.