IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
PURPOSE OF JOB
IQVIA is developing its next generation Global Data Warehouse platform to support near real time analytics and insights against hundreds of Terabytes and Petabytes of health care data.
We are currently seeking resources with experience in building and taking to production low latency, Massive Parallel Processing (MPP) data and analytic systems, using technologies such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Work with Development Teams, peers and PM to understand and deliver requirements
- Analyze requirements to find the most appropriate technical solutions
- Consult and assist in infrastructure overviews, cost estimations
- Use DevOps approach to collaborate with developers, build and operate critical, highly loaded systems
- Develop and apply CI/CD approach and tools
- Write infrastructure code and automation
- Work in a team of employees with different disciplines
- Work in a fast-paced agile development environment along with DevOps and ProdOps concepts/ teams
- Partner with architects to develop effective solutions that solve business challenges
- Proactively help resolve difficult technical issues
- Participate in projects through various phases
- Scripting and automation to support development, QA and production database environments and deployments to production
- Keep management informed of work activities and schedules
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Computer Science Bachelor's Degree
- Information technology experience
- Release/Deployment/Application engineering experience
- Experience in Big Data technologies such as Hadoop ecosystem, Cloudera, Spark/Scala etc.
- Extensive experience of using CI-CD tools like GIT, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Strong experience with cloud technologies
- Experience with micro services or service-oriented architecture
- Experience in database and data warehousing concepts and techniques
- Experience with low latency (near real time) systems and working with Tb data sets, loading and processing billions of records per day
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to complete the full lifecycle of software development and deliver on time
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Must be passionate, flexible and innovative in utilizing the tools, their experience, and any other resources, to effectively deliver to very challenging and always changing business requirements with continuous success
- Must be able to interface with various solution/business areas to understand the requirements and prepare documentation to support development
- Healthcare experience is a plus
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1066650