Vir is a clinical-stage immunology company with a compelling mission: "A World Without Infectious Disease". We are focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies. We have assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking a Contractor in Development Outsurcing & Pricing with a proven ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment to support vendor outsourcing activities for Translational and Clinical Development (TCD). They will partner closely with Vendors, Legal, Business Operations, and Finance to enable effective outsourcing of services and governance with vendor partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Under the guidance of management, lead the vendor selection life-cycle including the management of Request-for-Information (RFI) and/or Request-for-Proposal (RFP) activities for pre-clinical and clinical services such as toxicology, study management, central laboratory, bioanalytical services, interactive response technology (IRT), etc.
- Drafting, executing, tracking and archiving CDAs, MSAs, and other various vendor agreements in accordance to Vir standards and processes.
- Managing budgets and financial terms, negotiating scope, and providing analysis as required.
- Serving as a relationship lead to key vendor partners to enable effective collaboration and resolution of challenges.
- Effectively engaging and partnering with relevant internal and external stakeholders such as Clinical Operations, Legal, Regulatory, Finance and/or vendors, as applicable, to enable informed, risk-considered decisions.
- Reviewing invoices against contractual terms to ensure compliance and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
- Proactively identifying, defining and assisting in the implementation of new or improved Departmental processes or standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A./B.S. degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience with; advanced degree a plus
- Willingness and ability to define and advocate new ideas and solutions to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Department / Organization.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills, both in one-on-one and group settings.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.