Requisition ID: BUS003465
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
Under the direction of the Global Human Health IT Director, the Senior Specialist - Compliance Lead, will serve in a critical IT role partnering with the IT, Finance and Audit teams for the U.S. Commercial Market. This position will ensure quality for all initiatives by:
- Providing guidance to IT Delivery members on compliance requirements and questions
- Continuing to streamline SDLC 2.0 to maximize efficiency while maintaining quality, leveraging Rapid Application Development (RAD) whenever possible
- Aiding in the transition to Agile development methodology
- Ensuring all required SDLC documents are completed
- Authoring some documents, such as Quality Assurance Plans (QAPs), Master Test Plans, and Quality Assurance Summary Reports (QASRs)
- Reviewing some requirements and design documents and providing detailed feedback to delivery teams to ensure completeness of solutions
- Working with Release Management Office (RMO) to facilitate the roll-out of upgrades and releases
- Providing leadership when conflicts arise in questions of compliance.
- Leading (from an IT perspective) Pre-implementation audits, Post-implementation audits, SOx audits and SDLC audits.
- Responsible for:
- The quality of IT deliverables
- The compliance requirements for all initiatives
- The supervision of 2-3 individuals who will work on compliance tasks listed above
- The review of IT requirements and business processes
- Subject matter expertise for compliance processes
- High degree of alignment and influence required with
- US Business leaders
- IT teams
- External and internal auditors
- Position will interface with:
- IT personnel supporting US Market Finance and Contract Capability Evolution
- Business teams supporting US Market Finance and Contract Capability Evolution
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Internal Auditors (MCAAS)
- External Auditors PWC)
- IT personnel in Global Technology Services
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree. Concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related field preferred or equivalent demonstrated experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Extensive experience with software life cycle methodologies - Merck experience preferred.
- Experience working on development projects as either a Business Analyst or Technical Analyst
- Ability to effectively partner at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated situational leadership and creative problem solving within organizations and teams
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships with client organizations and across technology teams
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal. Ability to tailor communications to different levels of the client organization and for business versus IT stakeholders, ability to create presentations and facilitate meetings, and ability to communicate details and summarize as needed based on the audience
- Ability to prioritize diverse initiatives across a broad set of stakeholders
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Strong business acumen in the pharmaceutical industry
- Broad knowledge of technology with experience in the type of information and systems that support a commercial pharmaceutical headquarters and sales force
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia