Requisition ID: INF004817
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
How will you invent the future?
As a Digital Technology and Architecture Lead at Merck's Austin IT HUB, you will be part of inventing tomorrow. Our Innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives.
Join a Global Digital Marketing IT team to help us use innovative technology to solve important problems and improve human health. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with web and mobile development teams, marketing technology teams, partner IT organizations, and end users across the world. The candidate will architect global solutions and help set technology standards and direction. The candidate will maintain an expertise with emerging technologies and standards with an eye on implementing them to solve business problems.
We are seeking a motivated, talented individual interested in solving problems to improve tomorrow.
- Discover business challenges, and propose high level designs and approaches to solving them
- Architect global solutions which are scalable and fault tolerant
- Be a practitioner and engage in actual solution work versus pure standards setting
- Evaluate new libraries, frameworks and development standards to determine if they are a good fit for Merck
- Provide solutions with long-term maintainability and limited technical debt
- Develop deep understanding of Merck's existing technology platforms and their interfaces as required by project work
- Ensure adherence to development standards and facilitating the sharing of best practices across development teams and support organizations
- Stay abreast of new technologies, methodologies, industry practices and standards
The ideal candidate is a technology expert who can balance big picture thinking with a practical practitioner's mindset. This candidate is a leader who can influence customers, stakeholders, and peers. The candidate has strengths in marketing technologies and solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related Engineering field
- Master's degree preferred
- 7 or more years of experience architecting product and enterprise solutions
- Experience in implementing global technology solutions at enterprise scale
- Expertise with cloud technologies and concepts
- Experience with Marketing Technologies such as CRM, Digital Marketing and Channels, and Enterprise Customer and Data Management
- Hands on experience with at least one programming language and framework
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the business
- Expertise with modern and emerging standards and technologies
- Passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Strong technical skills across the entire development stack
- Experience using Agile techniques including Scrum
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry
- Ability to advocate for change and innovation even when risks are involved
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with geographically disparate teams
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Information Technology Architecture
Other Locations: Whitehouse Station, NJ, US; Whitehouse Station West, NJ, US; Kenilworth, NJ, US; Branchburg, NJ, US; Upper Gwynedd, PA, US; West Point, PA, US; Rahway, NJ, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: no
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Austin