Requisition ID: MAR007476
The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. With a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products, Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The division is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Associate Director, Customer Experience & Engagement
Using your strong expertise in designing and delivering positive customer experiences, you will gain an understanding of the Merck Canada strategy, the brand strategies and their respective end-to-end patient journeys, in order to ensure we deliver the right promotional strategies and engagement experiences .
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of Customer Engagement Managers, providing coaching and feedback in order for them to effectively lead their agile teams in defining and executing our customer engagement, promotional strategies and integrated marketing campaigns for Merck Canada brands.
The role will collaborate with Brand Marketing Directors, Business Insights and Analytics, Customer Solutions, Medical Affairs, Legal and other key functional areas across the organization.
- Establish trust and credibility as a data-driven customer engagement and marketing expert
- Drive change management efforts for successful transformation of our marketing model
- Ensure in-depth analysis of customer level data and other relevant data sources to inform for engagement opportunities and investment choices
- Manage and develop a team of highly skilled customer engagement managers, ensuring:
- Appropriate agile teams are established, and agile methodology is leveraged to meet the business needs and project objectives
- Customer engagement and promotional strategies, both in the therapeutic and product space, are developed in accordance with brand objectives
- Integrated marketing campaigns are designed, implemented, measured, monitored and optimized, leveraging both personal and non-personal channels
- Customer personas are appropriately defined and targeted
- Data analytics and insights are leveraged to understand the impact of the campaigns and to uncover advanced insights
- Creation of detailed campaign documentation (i.e. campaign design, business rules, and metadata to support analytics)
- Effective collaboration within agile teams, key stakeholders (Marketing, Legal, Medical Education) and agencies/vendors (media, third party promotion partners, etc.)
- Provide input to help shape the evolution of relevant marketing and analytical capabilities that improve our ability to engage customers in a more timely and relevant manner
- Catalog and share customer engagement and digital best practices to reinforce learnings and successful outcomes
- Continuously improve our marketing and customer engagement tactics by staying informed with the latest developments in the field and integrating these into our engagement strategies and tactics
- Lead and participate in the development of brand strategies when required
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certification in the field of Digital Marketing or similar (asset)
- Agile Certified Professional (asset)
- Certified Scrum Professional/Scrum Master (asset)
- Google Analytics Certification (asset)
- Postgraduate Degree (asset)
- 10 years in a senior marketing role with experience across core marketing functions: demand generation, content marketing, product marketing, communications and brand development
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing strategy, with i n-depth knowledge and understanding of online advertising, SEO, online content, Social Media Management, Email marketing, mobile marketing, customer experience (UX/UI), and analytics.
- Expert knowledge of both Agile project management principles and practices and the ability to leverage them appropriately to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile methodologies
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members
- Exceptional people skills: effectively and positively manage teams, stakeholders, partners
- Excellent ability for both creative, innovative, conceptual and strategic thinking Demonstrated change management skills with ability to lead, advocate, influence, and collaborate across various functions at all levels
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally and collaborate, with the ability to work in a group and as an individual
- Innovative mindset, ability to experiment with appropriate risk taking
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects/solutions with hands-on, detail-oriented approach
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and written communication skills
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. Merck is an equal opportunity employer, proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives
Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck