IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Director, Account Management
Location: Greater Los Angeles Area
- Promotes, recommends and sells solutions, products and services to other individuals and organizations. This includes developing, managing, and implementing sales strategies, identifying potential customers, and cultivating existing customer relationships to close deals.
- Develops, grows, and maintains the relationship between the organization and clients, with a focus on client retention, sales and revenue growth. Works closely with sales specialists to coordinate the best solution for the client.
- Gets client referrals and increasing amount or type of coverage for existing accounts; liaises between internal teams, vendors and clients on an ongoing basis to ensure service delivery; and serves as a primary contact on an ongoing basis by addressing ad hoc client requests and managing client satisfaction.
- Directs the activities of a sales team to achieve/exceed the assigned revenue and growth goals in large, complex accounts or sales territory.
- Takes proactive role in contract strategy. Develops strategy for expanding scope of existing contracts and identifying new business opportunities.
- As required, may lead negotiations in renewing multi-year contract(s) within assigned accounts.
- Develops relationships with key executives and decision makers within assigned accounts.
- Manages the overall relationship to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provides leadership to the sales team and coordinates the involvement of IQVIA resources (marketing, consulting, client services) in actively promoting the full IQVIA portfolio of products and consulting services to anticipate and meet client needs.
- Ensures that sales team is fully staffed, trained and deployed to maximize sales coverage.
- Develops and executes account plan(s) and monitors progress.
- Adjusts plan accordingly to consider IQVIA new product/service offerings as well as significant changes to business conditions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Nine (9) years relevant sales or account management experience
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead teams, and well as the ability to influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, procedures, and goals.
- Extensive knowledge of IQVIA offerings, customer account management and pharmaceutical industry.
- Successful track record in sales management role in motivating sales team to consistently achieve assigned revenue and growth goals.
- Problem solving, negotiation, planning, relationship building, presentation, and written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Ability to set vision and direction.
- Ability to influence outcomes.
- Typically 70% of annual revenue goal is contracted; 30% is new.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1089692