Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The primary responsibilities of the Director, Companion Diagnostics Leader, are to guide the strategy and to lead the implementation of companion diagnostics (CDx) in support of multiple projects within the ADC Franchise of Daiichi Sankyo's Early and Late Stage Development Portfolio. The individual will play a key role in making Precision Medicine a reality for patients who are likely to benefit from our therapeutics.
- Leads CDx project teams for the diagnostic, in full alignment with Global Program Teams (GPT) for the therapeutic, covering all areas from CDx assay development through CDx approval and launch
- May have direct line management responsibility and supervise and mentor CDx Project manager or other CDx Leads
- Leads CDx Partner evaluation and selection activities and manages multiple Companion Diagnostics Partnerships with Diagnostic Partner
- Provides scientific and technical expertise by collaborating closely with Translational Science Leads, Clinical Biomarker Leads, Biosample Operations, Clinical Leads and Regulatory Liasions to ensure successful implementation of CDx and data collection
- Supports Regulatory affairs in providing content and providing review of documents supporting CDx submissions to the FDA and other health authorities globally
- Creates a forward-looking Diagnostic development strategy while keeping abreast of regulatory and policy updates in the external environment and by tracking and understanding the competitive landscape
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- PhD in Life Sciences
- Minimum 5 years (w/PhD) directly related experience in pharmaceutical or diagnostics industry
- Demonstrated track record of success working on multidisciplinary pharmaceutical /diagnostic development teams
- Understanding of the IVD Development Process, with direct experience with Companion Diagnostics Development
- Broad knowledge and understanding of established and new assay technologies such as NGS, IHC, PCR etc.
- Knowledge of drug development process and a strong understanding of how diagnostic development can shape drug development and commercialization is strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment globally with stakeholders from multiple functional areas
- Previous line management experience and experience working globally is preferred
- Strong strategic leadership skills with a proven ability to define, prioritize and balance responsibilities in accordance with business and team needs
- Solid interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization across various functions and locations
Domestic and international travel may be required up to 15%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.