Director, Compliance Operations
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Director, Compliance Operations is a key member of the Compliance Operations team. This position is responsible for monitoring the external risk and regulatory environment and assisting the Chief Compliance Officer and Deputy Chief Compliance Officer in modifying, as necessary, the Company's corporate compliance program. He or she will help to create and implement appropriate, risk-based compliance policies and procedures and monitoring, auditing and training programs in support of the Commercial, Medical, Clinical and Regulatory functions. This role requires engagement and strong working relationships with members of other teams and functions. He or she must have a solid understanding of the laws and regulations applicable to pharmaceutical companies.
The Director, Compliance Operations:
- Serves as a key member of the Compliance Operations team responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Company's corporate compliance program to meet changing needs;
- Monitors the external risk and regulatory environment and suggests and helps to implement any needed modifications to the Company's corporate compliance program;
- Assists the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer with development and implementation of the company's risk assessment process; and
- Assists the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Compliance Officer with development and execution of all aspects of the annual compliance work plan, including development and revision of written policies and SOPs, applicable training programs, and effective auditing and monitoring programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant knowledge of and experience advising business partners on compliance matters, particularly with regard to interaction with healthcare professionals, marketing strategies, promotional tactics and materials, fraud and abuse, anti-kickback and other compliance matters.
- Ability to oversee and manage cross-functional issues and projects with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands and priorities from multiple business functions and handling heavy workload.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to draft company polices and SOPs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently as the circumstances require.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Position may be based in Philadelphia, PA or Palo Alto, CA
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years' industry-related experience in healthcare corporate compliance with demonstrated understanding of applicable legal, regulatory and compliance matters affecting global pharmaceutical companies with approved products.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.