About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the FDA to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Director, Evidence Synthesis & Value Assessment (ESVA) serves as the therapeutic area lead ensuring that evidence generated internally and externally are leveraged to support pre-launch, launch and life-cycle management of therapies.
The ESVA sub-team is part of a larger Clinical Development and Outcomes Research (CD&OR) team that is responsible for evidence generation in support the therapeutic areas that Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) supports. The mission of the ESVA team is to synthesize and disseminate impactful real-world evidence, with all of CD&OR, to ensure that the aligned pull-through of RWE meets the growing needs of our stakeholders. This team is also responsible to ensure that evidence generated and referenced internally and externally is scientifically rigorous and aligned to NNI strategy throughout product life cycle. In addition, the ESVA team leads modeling efforts (i.e. cost-effectiveness modeling, budget impact models, etc.), and monitors and engages with external bodies conducting health technology reviews of NNI products in the US. The incumbent will also assist in overseeing the internal reviews of synthesized evidence being developed for proactive and reactive communication with external customers, including materials for proactive promotion as well as reactive medical exchange.
The Director, ESVA will work within a matrixed environment at NNI alongside HEOR Strategy, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Real-World Evidence teams and Clinical Development to develop models/simulations, evidence syntheses and tools. This individual will be a collaborator for research within specific therapeutic areas and is accountable for study specific pull through and dissemination activities including but not limited to tool development timelines, budget, deliverables, and training, all while complying with Novo Nordisk policies and procedures.
The key deliverable for this role will be the synthesis and dissemination of evidence that are compelling to decision makers and are aligned with NNI evidence needs and research strategy.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Evidence Synthesis & Value Assessment. The Director, Evidence Synthesis & Value Assessment works very closely with a number of NNI functions including Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, HEOR Strategy, Real World Evidence teams, Legal, Regulatory, Market Access and Public Affairs, Marketing and Sales, and other key internal stakeholders. In the execution of specific projects, the Director, Evidence Synthesis & Value Assessment will work within the NNI cross-functional project team to provide scientific expertise to the research protocol and analysis plan and interpret results with the external customer in mind. Throughout the conduct of research, this individual will take the lead on all aspects of communication and dissemination associated with the research activity.
- The incumbent must understand the US market landscape and customer research activities. In addition, she/he must work closely with a cross-functional team in the conduct of research and lead communication activities in the areas of real-world evidence (RWE) and HEOR
- Develop institutional knowledge of internal stakeholders who utilize RWE and economic models and develop pathways such that the impact from the evidence is timely and tailored to the needs of the customer-facing team
- Provide communication expertise working alongside advocates from medical and commercial teams and in partnership with others withing the ESVA team, oversee the dissemination of all HEOR & RWE studies for the portfolio of therapeutic areas
- Actively seek and display understanding of therapeutic area/Brand strategy, and map strategy to research conduct and output
- Develop understanding of needs of each existing internal and external customer and monitor gaps in overall value of the Brand/s and relative value in the market
- Work with key internal stakeholders, particularly the Evidence Generation Planning Team, to ensure that research studies are aligned with the needs of the internal stakeholders and external customers
- Develop & solidify pathway for use of evidence in promotional situations and connected to medical communication
- Continually communicate with internal stakeholders and especially the Evidence Generation Planning team while synthesizing evidence across the therapeutic area to ensure and increase visibility and use of the team’s work
- Design tools and materials based on the research for Novo Nordisk internal communication and also, when applicable, for external communications by Field Medical Affairs and other functions including Market Access & Public Affairs and Marketing functions
- Function as a key partner during research execution, coordination of converting research output to customer facing messaging, and reviews of reactive and promotional pieces by internal review teams, within assigned therapeutic areas
- The incumbent will have a proven track record of strong methodological expertise in addition to impeccable stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- The incumbent will also possess experience in successfully navigating organizational dynamics and effectively championing outside-of-the-box ideas
- The individual in this role must also be a quintessential team-player, due to the team-based nature of this type of research
0-10% overnight travel required; Position is Headquarters based-Plainsboro, New Jersey; Local candidate ideal.
- Masters in appropriate healthcare-related field required (heath economics, epidemiology, outcomes research, public health, business/health services research, biostatistics, medicine, biomedical sciences); Doctoral degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in health economics, outcomes research, pricing, reimbursement, medical affairs, and/or portfolio analysis required
- At least 2 years in the pharmaceutical industry, payor or healthcare preferred
- Excellent knowledge and experience in health economics, health services research studies, real world research and the evaluation of health care interventions
- Keen knowledge of health care systems in the U.S., including managed care organizations, integrated health systems, PBMs, Medicare, and Medicaid
- Strong knowledge of healthcare big data and applications
- Demonstrated track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, and strategic, customer-focused HEOR tool development
- Experience in preparing, reviewing and presenting materials to drug formularies and other customers strongly preferred
- Proven record of outstanding written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, with experience interacting with and presenting to key customers
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.