Inspiration, imagination, and innovation. Here at Aerie Pharmaceuticals, we share this passion for finding new approaches to protecting vision. United by great science, deep clinical insight, and a singular focus on your ophthalmic needs, we see the possibilities ahead and invite you to join us in creating the future of eye care.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals seeks qualified candidates for a full-time position in our Finance department located in Bedminster, NJ.
The Director of Finance will report directly to the Vice President of Finance and will be responsible for managing the accounting and finance duties associated with the revenue, inventory, financial planning & analysis and treasury functions of the company. This position will support operational units, upper level management, internal customers and the board of directors with information necessary to make strategic, operational and tactical decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the development and maintenance of the gross-to-net rate tables by product and payor segment to inform sales and accrual calculations. This position will work collaboratively with the finance, sales, operations, third-party vendors, marketing and billing & collection functions to ensure all aspects within gross revenue, net revenue and inventory are captured completely and accurately.
- Responsible for managing the development and issuance of monthly, quarterly and year-to-date reporting in support of gross-to-net and cost of sales analyses which will serve as the basis for forecasting. This includes but is not limited to Commercial Rebates, Medicare Part D Rebates, Chargebacks, Medicaid, Coverage Gap, Distributor Service Fees, Returns and Coupon / Co-pay Programs as it relates to gross-to-net analyses.
- Responsible for performing in-depth analysis to support balance sheet figures for accounts receivable, reserves and inventory, including applicable reconciliations and rollforwards.
- Responsible for managing the inventory accounting, cost of sales accounting and other supply chain finance processes ensuring compliance with GAAP and SOX requirements. This includes responsibility for inventory reconciliation, inventory cost validation, P&L analysis and reporting.
- Will work cross-functionally with internal colleagues, particularly with our supply chain and operations team, and will interact directly with our external auditors to facilitate quarterly and annual reviews and work with external business partners.
- Responsible for managing the development of policies, procedures and work plans to support the operational efficiency and financial controls of the inventory and cost of sales processes.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s financial budgeting, forecasting, analysis and reporting.
- Direct financial analysis to management on a timely basis each month including:
- Monthly operating expense variance vs. budget and forecast, including research of material variances
- P&L trend analysis
- Ad Hoc Reports as needed
- Prepare and manage other ad-hoc financial summaries and forecasts for use with internal and external parties including revenue and expense forecasts; enterprise value modeling, peer analyses, etc.
Responsible for certain treasury duties including interbank/account fund allocations, management of account access, interacting with accounting department on funding requirements, control agreements and account monitoring for credit facility requirements.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/MBA required.
- Ten years relevant experience in a public company or mix of public company and “Big 4” public accounting
Knowledge & Abilities
- Understanding of pharmaceutical pricing and contracting and related rebate administration and chargeback payment processes
- Experience working with and knowledge of pharmaceutical revenue management systems
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry product flow and reimbursement
- Experience working with and knowledge of pharmaceutical inventory management systems and reporting
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP, accounting and financial principles including ability to research accounting guidelines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage subordinate accounting personnel
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, v-lookups and multi-IF formulas
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, business process, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple work streams with a commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming obstacles and challenges in a time-sensitive environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others including Senior Management
- Flexible. Able to work with all levels of management High level exposure expected to interact with Senior Management
Standard physical demands; sitting at desk, working at computer.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected category.