About Biopharm Operations and Business Development Teams
The Biopharm Operations is the rare disease arm of Novo Nordisk focussed on rare blood and endocrine disorders. With sales of over 2.5 billion USD, Biopharm is a key part of Novo Nordisk and its corporate strategy.
Business Development is an integral part of developing the Biopharm strategy and adds value by identifying and assessing relevant external opportunities, both assets and technologies, to enable the Biopharm pipeline. We work in close collaboration with Novo Nordisk’s Business Development teams located globally in Denmark, Zurich and the US, in order to leverage both expertise and networks.
The role is a driver for change in executing Novo Nordisk's Biopharm Operations' external innovation strategy and business development (BD) activities on a global scale. The Biopharm Operations is the rare disease arm of Novo Nordisk focused on rare blood and endocrine disorders, and business development is an integral part of enabling the Biopharm pipeline both now and in the future.
The role reports to the Director of Business Development based in Zurich. The role is based on Boston and will interact daily with the Boston-based Business Development team, while working in close collaboration with Novo Nordisk’s Business Development teams located globally in Denmark, Zurich and Boston. You will also leverage your network, and actively engage with external stakeholders including biotech companies, venture capital firms and pharma communities, to ensure Novo Nordisk’s Biopharm Operations becomes the preferred partner in rare blood and endocrine disorders.
- Responsible for identification and initial evaluation of novel pipeline assets and enabling technologies in the rare blood and endocrine disorders, in-line with the Biopharm strategy
- Proactively build and maintain strong networks among our prospective therapy and technology partners eg. academia, biotechs, venture capital and pharma communities, to ensure Novo Nordisk is the preferred partner within rare blood and endocrine disorders:
- Participate in external scientific congresses or symposia and Novo Nordisk-sponsored events and meetings
- Engage with biotech and pharma companies through networking and biotech/pharma partnering events
- Cultivate relationships with VC firms and participate in VC conferences and events
- Support the full Business Development process from identification and initial evaluation to due diligence and negotiations, in close collaboration with the Biopharm BD team and other relevant stakeholders across the organisation
10-20% overnight travel required; May require international travel.
- An MD or PhD degree required, or advanced degree with qualifying experience at the same level within life sciences
- 10 years proven track record of project management, search and evaluation or an equivalent R&D role
- Experience building extensive professional network in biotech and VC communities, preferrably related to rare diseases
- Research, medical training and/or other professional experience are within the rare disease space is preferred
- Business development and licensing experience covering aspects of pharmaceutical drug discovery and development
- Strong stakeholder management and networking skills
- Ability to link science and strategy, as well as communication skills of complex issues
- Outgoing, analytical and a good communicator who functions well in a dynamic environment
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.