Requisition ID: GLO001490
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
- Develop and communicate a vision for the commercial opportunity and strategy for select pipeline assets within a rapidly evolving Hematology treatment landscape.
- Advise and support Early Development Teams by providing a commercial position and outline key product profiles including differentiated attributes for commercial success of each novel drug development candidate.
- Work closely and collaboratively with a large range of internal (line functions - global marketing - regions) and external stakeholders to gather feedback and ensure the commercial perspective is understood and appropriately incorporated into development strategies.
- Maintain expertise in multiple liquid tumor types and anticancer technologies. Develop a continuous flow of information to inform competitive analyses for each development program and ensure teams are knowledgeable of treatment trends, competitive threats and opportunities.
- Support external communication efforts on the Merck Early Pipeline in collaboration with the Medical Affairs and Early Development teams.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the commercial, clinical and BD&L teams to develop a robust financial forecast for external asset(s) under assessment.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Required: BSc./B Eng.
- Preferred: MBA or PhD
Required Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in managing new products development
- Strong collaboration skills working with both research and business functions
- Must be able to influence without authority as well as work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Comfort and presence when presenting to and communicating with senior leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Oncology Global Marketing or Oncology Market access experience
- Oncology clinical development
- Oncology business development deals
You have a strong appetite and ability to quickly learn new areas and technologies. You are curious, autonomous and flexible. Able to think creatively, you thrive to identify potential value beyond what meets the eye. You are a long-term achiever who can work every day to develop future products that will, in 5 years or more from now, transform the lives of patients affected by cancer.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Global Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark