Our Marketing team are passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers’ needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
We are currently recruiting for a Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics within Oncology Global Marketing.
The Global Marketing Director will lead strategies and marketing efforts within biomarker & diagnostics for our oncology portfolio. The Global Marketing Director will work across different indications, lines and markets and with all parts of our organization and our diagnostic and pharma partners. The Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics is a key member of the Global Oncology Marketing Team responsible for development and implementation of both strategic and tactical marketing programs for biomarkers and diagnostics. The development of tumor specific diagnostic commercialization strategies is done in close collaboration with the Global Disease Leaders and Global Business Leaders in Human Health as well as Diagnostic Development Teams in ( Research & Development).
Responsibilities also include:
- Global scientific engagement of key scientific leaders relevant for guiding and enabling implementation, adoption and use of diagnostics. Engagement programs, Advisory Boards, Congresses/Symposia etc. are developed in close collaboration with the Medical Affairs team.
- The position will require a solid understanding of the role of biomarkers & diagnostics in personalized medicine as well as established connections and relationships in the diagnostic space.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate across the organization, here-under with other functional areas and regional/local Diagnostic Leads will be essential.
- Proven ability to work with many areas of marketing management including strategy development, engagement programs, market research, segmentation, competitive dynamics, and issues management in a highly complex and dynamic environment is a must.
- The candidate will need to have strong business acumen and a demonstrated ability to understand and manage key levers that drive growth and profitability.
The position will be based in Kenilworth, NJ and will report to the Diagnostic Product Lead, Global Commercial Biomarker & Diagnostic Strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners including Research and development, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Regulatory Affairs, Finance, Alliance Management, Communications, Business Development and Licensing, Legal, market analytics, Center for Observational and Real-world Evidence, international & domestic operations, diagnostic and pharma partner companies etc. to successfully navigate the internal and external environments and deliver value to our customers
- Provide commercial leadership on activities including short- & long-range business strategy & planning, portfolio valuations, development of diagnostic indication strategy & messaging, operating budget & forecasting, global reimbursement strategic plan, launch readiness reviews, customer interactions, market research, Business Development and Licensing activities, and partner management
- Provide commercial leadership, support and expertise to Diagnostic Development Teams, Joint Commercialization Committees, regional and country marketing & sales organizations
- Required: Bachelors
- Preferred: MSc and MBA or PhD
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience (pharmaceutical and diagnostic) is required, including at least 2 years of pharmaceutical.
- Oncology Marketing experience
- Pharmaceutical & Diagnostics marketing experience
- Diagnostic Product Launch experience
- Significant & demonstrated commercial leadership in marketplace assessment, development of product strategy, short- &
- long-range business planning, global market access & reimbursement
- Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Collaboration with business partners, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- 25% Travel, including some weekends
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: