Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
Lead the strategic development of global external and internal communications across multiple assigned Daiichi Sankyo oncology products and R&D activities. Assist in developing and shaping the corporate oncology narrative specific to assigned therapeutic area, business development/partnership advancements that support and meet corporate/brand objectives. Executes activities for assigned products on a global scale as well as U.S.; partners with communicators in other regions as they execute the global communications strategy locally.
- Designs, obtains approval for, executes and measures PR activities and campaigns on behalf of assigned therapeutic and product areas (i.e., early-stage investigational ADC compounds.
- Assist in the development of the strategic 12-month forward-looking global oncology news flow (external, internal and social media) that supports the corporate DS mission in ADC/oncology.
- Obtain necessary insights for strategic news flow discussions regarding assigned therapeutic area with senior leaders including heads of global corporate communications, global oncology R&D, Japan R&D, TA franchises, global and US marketing/medical affairs, investor relations and regional PR counterparts.
- Functions as a global and US PR lead in assigned global product teams, global brand teams and US commercial team meetings; responsible for developing and driving PR strategy, overseeing press release development, approval and dissemination, managing PR budgets allocated by global corporate communications, global and US marketing and/or other teams.
- Serves as external media spokesperson for Daiichi Sankyo for inquiries and outreach related to assigned products. Responsible for ensuring all media interactions comply with company policies and procedures and are appropriate and approved.
- Prepares company for issues that may impact product or company reputation by developing media relations guidance materials including statements and Q&A. Counsels and prepares/trains mid-level and senior spokespeople for media interaction
- Establishes/supports relationships with all relevant global/regional and local-tier media to assure both reactive and proactive transparent communications
- Build and maintain strong network of cross-functional and cross-regional business partners across all levels of the company.
- Collaborates with cross-functional/cross-regional teams (R&D, global corporate communications and investor relations, as well as global and U.S. medical affairs, marketing, congress planning, advocacy).
- Actively liaises with PR and/or other representatives from business development/partner companies, KOLs, third-party advocacy group (as necessary) and media stakeholders important to the company.
- Manage internal and external departmental budgets and resources for assigned therapeutic areas, including communications agencies, freelancers and contingent workers, to ensure successful development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies and programs.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline. Master's Degree desirable.
- At least 10 years in communications positions. Experience in oncology communications required.
Ability to travel up to 25%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.