About Daiichi Sankyo Cancer Enterprise
The mission of Daiichi Sankyo Cancer Enterprise is to leverage our world-class, innovative science and push beyond traditional thinking to create meaningful treatments for patients with cancer. We are dedicated to transforming science into value for patients, and this sense of obligation informs everything we do. Anchored by three pillars including our investigational Antibody Drug Conjugate Franchise, Acute Myeloid Leukemia Franchise and Breakthrough Science, we aim to deliver seven distinct new molecular entities over eight years during 2018 to 2025. Our powerful research engines include two laboratories for biologic/immuno-oncology and small molecules in Japan, and Plexxikon Inc., our small molecule structure-guided R&D center in Berkeley, CA.
This position is responsible for providing project management, drug development expertise to Global Project Teams including strategic development and execution of an integrated product development plan. This position is accountable for partnering with the Global Team leader as the Project Management lead on drug development projects. This position can be assigned to any therapeutic area and work on projects at any stage of development.
As a member of the GMP&L function this position is also accountable for supporting divisional and departmental level objectives and may also lead a non-project initiative in support of these objectives. This position will report to the Sr Director, Group Leader, GPM&L or the Executive Director, US Head GPM&L.
- Project Responsibilities: Independently manage or lead strategy development on Global Project Teams (GPT) for drug development projects in any phase of development. Develops and maintains a high performing team. Manages the GPT in partnership with the Global Team Leader in driving strategy development and ensures the execution of the integrated product development plan.
- Partners with the Clinical Team Leader to ensure a high performing Clinical Sub-team and to drive the development and delivery of the clinical development plan in alignment with the product development strategy.
- Manages the team meetings including developing the agendas and documenting decisions and action items. Identifies organizational gaps and influences the project environment to address gaps that impact the program/project.
- Manages the planning and use of program/project resources and works to secure adequate resourcing and budget alignment in close collaboration with finance and functional team members.
- Maintains global integrated project plans, project timelines, risk management plans and communication plans. Resolves complex problems and manage difficult stakeholder situations. Can generate critical path analyses and support scenario planning.
- Maintains project status in the project management information systems. Prepares scope change proposals and stage gate proposals for formal presentation to senior management.
- Is comfortable working independently within a matrix environment and can coach, influence and mentor more junior PMs, team members and project team stakeholders.
- Identifies and implements PM best practices for the broader GPM&L organization. Ensures Project Team awareness of the Global Development Processes.
- Actively contributes to progressing the GPM&L department as an SME or leader of a departmental initiative.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred (i.e., MS, MBA or PhD) in a scientific discipline with additional relevant experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or training in project management strongly preferred.
- 10+ years' experience; at least 5 years in a PM or related role in a biotech or pharmaceutical company.
- Demonstrated success as a project manager/leader in planning and executing strategies for global drug development, commercialization and life cycle management. Proven track record as a leader/influencer. Direct people management experience a plus.