Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The Director, GMA Oncology, Global Congress Planning will be responsible for the strategy, investment, and tactical planning/execution for globally sponsored congresses. This position represents Global Medical Affairs (GMA) at all congress Joint Steering Committee (JSC) planning meetings to provide an aligned GMA view in conjunction with the Global Medical Affairs Team (GMAT) leads for Oncology compounds. He/she will also serve as a liaison with a cross functional team including: Global Oncology Marketing, Global Oncology Market Research, R&D, and various corporate functions.
Strategy & Execution
- GMA lead for congress strategy and execution
- Core member of JSC
- Gather and represent inputs GMA colleagues and regional leads
- Responsible for coordination of medical activities such as Data Disclosures, Scientific Exchange, Scientific Engagement (DS 360), including Patient Advocacy engagements, and pre/post congress medical debriefs alongside GMA congress execution leads (GMAT and GMA functional leads)
- Provides input to PR, advertising, booth build and content, staffing and training
- Manage Association relationships jointly with the Congress Planning Lead and/or regions
- Coordinate competitive intelligence plan with Global Market Research- optimize congress coverage
- Coordinate with Global Congress Planning Lead on overall congress budget
- Determine overall sponsorship level and medical activities budgets per congress
- Co-lead for congress sponsorship applications and financial agreements
- Provides compliance oversight.
- Ensures local compliance regulations are followed as it relates to congress execution activities
- Adheres to legal regulatory guidelines
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. MS, PharmD, PhD in biomedical discipline preferred
- 10+ related Pharma experience (w/4-yr degree) or commensurate education/experience; Oncology experience preferred
- 5+ years' experience in Medical Affairs; Experience in managing global congress activities is a plus
- Relationship with Oncology associations is a plus
- Strong knowledge of global medical affairs strategy, marketing and clinical development/operations matrix
- Results-driven with customer-service orientation
Ability to travel up to 30%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.