About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
Responsible for Health Economic & Outcomes Research (HEOR) and real world strategy development, evidence generation and value communication. This is a leadership position that will independently support the evidence generation strategy for a key product.
The incumbent acts as a strategic partner with other senior leaders across commercial and medical functions in developing HEOR studies and programs using real world data, patient reported outcomes and modeling techniques. As an individual entity within that business unit s/he acts as an HEOR champion and is accountable for development of the evidence plans and delivery of studies and analyses to support the value proposition of Novo Nordisk product/s in the United States (US) market throughout the product lifecycle.
As a senior leader within the HEOR team the incumbent plays a role in overall vision and strategy of the department, coaches and develops colleagues on specific areas of methodology and strategy and must possess expertise, knowledge, experience and credibility to be viewed as an expert in HEOR.
Reports directly to the Senior Director of HEOR Strategy & Evidence Generation and works independently to manage the relationships and activities within the business unit. Works closely with all functions within HEOR, commercial and medical functions to develop evidence generate and communicate evidence. The unique structure of the business unit and nature of the disease area, this will require a higher level of expertise in managing complex priorities, methodologies and stakeholder matrices.
- Lead HEOR strategy for a key product:
- Independently develops HEOR and real world strategy, leads evidence generation and value communications for the product.
- This includes interactions with commercial and medical functions to support development of portfolio strategies, development of HEOR/Real world evidence plans, prioritization of plans, generation of evidence and delivery of value communication tools.
- Adequately resource prioritized evidence plans:
- As an independent HEOR leader within the business unit, it is expected that the director will have to consider creative and innovative outsourcing strategies to adequately resource the projects and priorities.
- Lead HEOR input into policy issues and economic evaluations for Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) products within the portfolio: Works independently with medical, public policy, commercial colleagues to input into external policy initiatives and programs.
- Provide HEOR input into drug development and clinical trial programs:
- Works directly with global colleagues to input HEOR and Real World Evidence (RWE) strategies into the global product development plans through the PDP forum.
- Develop real world evidence plan: Leads the development of RWE plans for projects based on needs of the product portfolio.
- Serve as an internal research method expert:
- Acts as a key subject matter expert in various methodological and analytic functions and provides consultation to / collaborates with key internal and external stakeholders directly to provide tangible solutions that are aligned to portfolio strategy.
- Ensure scientific rigor and credibility:
- Serves as a key member of the HEOR Research Review Committee (RRC) to provide expertise in research methods, protocol development and statistical analysis for all key HEOR studies.
- Provides functional support in HEOR publication planning by review of abstracts, manuscripts, and other key HEOR publications prior to submission.
10-20% overnight travel required
- A PhD (preferred) or Masters/PharmD degree in appropriate field (heath economics, epidemiology, outcomes research, public health, business/health services research, biostatistics)
- At least 8 years of experience in health economics, outcomes research, pricing, reimbursement, and/or portfolio analysis, in the pharmaceutical industry, payor or healthcare
- Advanced knowledge and experience in conducting health economics, health services research studies, real world research and the evaluation of health care interventions
- Comprehensive knowledge of health care systems in the U.S., including managed care organizations, integrated health systems, PBMs, Medicare, and Medicaid
- Demonstrated track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, and strategic, customer-focused HEOR tool development
- Experience in preparing or reviewing materials for drug formularies
- Proven record of outstanding written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, with experience interacting with and presenting to key customers
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.