Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Develop an IT End User strategy and global operating model (organization, talent, employees, vendors, processes, technologies) that addresses Jazz's business needs, is synergistic with the overall IT strategy and is feasible
- Be an Advocate for a Digital Workplace and improving user experience with proper Organizational Change Management
- Partner, collaborate and develop strong relationships with functional and site leaders to understand IT End User needs in support of corporate strategy, corporate objectives and major functional objectives
- Bring in new technology solutions that are relevant and have a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple development projects/activities.
- Proactively reach out to Jazz global workforce to understand service effectiveness, manage service expectations and be the champion for improving service awareness and productivity.
- Provide a "World-Class" customer service approach to all end users
- Develop and maintain 2 year rolling roadmaps that optimally reflect business need priorities, efficient sequencing, resources and funding
- Execute large global programs or portfolio of projects through effective strategy, prioritization, planning (objectives, success criteria, scope, timelines, and cost) and oversight
- Manage demand and delivery through internal teams, suppliers and partners through a portfolio of services, projects, operational processes and metrics.
- Implement policies, procedures, automation and controls for consistent delivery of high availability services in a cost effective manner using the ITIL framework for Service Management.
- Accountable for Vendor Management, conduct regular business reviews and drive innovation and continuous improvement of the services.
- Asset life cycle (procurement to retirement) for Services and equipment, including selection of Endpoint devices.
- Ensure operational resilience and stability of IT Endpoints and Collaboration Services
- Implement integrated and automated processes that drive operational excellence, be audit ready at all times, sustain knowledge continuity through appropriate level of documentation and cross training
- Partner with Sr Leadership across IT to implement and operationalize controls necessary for security, GxP, risk and compliance
- Develop and continuously maintain budgets that align with plans and service levels; proactively improve value over cost ratio
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 10 plus years of progressively increasing responsibility in the End User Services area with a minimum of 5 plus years of hands on experience in managing IT User needs and 15 plus years within IT or relevant area
- Critical and structured thinking, business acumen and executive level influence to formulate and obtain broad support for proposed IT strategies, organizational structures, operating model and plans; ability to objectively assess, articulate and constructively debate major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, risks and considerations for multiple alternatives and incorporate input from other stakeholders
- Extensive and proven operational experience effectively evaluating, designing, implementing and managing 24x7 IT End User Operations and associated vendors with major offices in 2 or more continents (preferably US and EU) and greater than 1,000 employees
- Ability to use structured approaches for understanding business needs, defining specifications, building and operating solutions that meet service level targets
- Proven track record and skills to deeply understand vendor service capabilities, assess risks, formulate partnerships/agreements for consistent delivery of high quality services and continuously improve value over cost ratio
- Strong working knowledge and experience of ITIL and Service Management processes (e.g. incident, problem, change management) and how to integrate them into an effective insourced and outsourced global operating model
- Passion for service delivery, Customer Service, User Experience and operational excellence
- Past experience effectively overseeing or managing global help desk with outstanding knowledge of best practices for service design, delivery, monitoring and reporting
- Strong knowledge of communication platforms, Microsoft enterprise platform and Service Now is desired
- Strong financial acumen to establish budgets that are driven by plans, accurately forecast costs, efficiently manage variances and improve service value
- Knowledge of security frameworks, technical design and operational controls is desired
- Proven track record of executing through global teams, managing remote personnel, developing talent and creating high performing teams
- Ability to effectively manage large global deployments of new or enhanced IT end user services using vendors
- Highly customer focused, collaborative, accountable and results driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to large audiences via email and in person
- Ability to establish strong and productive working relationships at all levels (Admin to CEO)
- Organizational change management experience is a plus
- Experience with the pharmaceutical industry is plus but not a requirement
- Functions well in a team environment. Gains consensus, leads, influences, decision making, and ensures cross-discipline participation and feedback.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related degree
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within an office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.