Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The Director, Learning and Development will lead both the emerging leadership programs (District Manager & Regional Business Director levels) and the leadership development for first & second line leadership. This role is linked to the Company's talent management efforts (e.g. succession planning) to ensure the right framework exists for leadership strength; and therefore, requires strong collaborative skills. The position is also responsible for creating and managing enterprise-wide talent (cross-functional/rotational) programs to broaden skillsets of future leaders at DSI. This includes program development and sustainment for both Field Sales and Home Office teams. Produces the appropriate analytics and metrics that drive leadership strength ultimately leading to performance.
- Develops appropriate metrics and tracking mechanisms to measure overall leadership effectiveness.
- Determines company needs for leadership & management development.
- Introduces and provides leadership training based on business objectives.
- Uses feedback from the Company's Talent Reviews, when & where appropriate, and builds the appropriate plans/curriculum to support emerging business needs.
- Builds a plan and the infrastructure for business-driven action learning and incorporates various learning strategies and theories into formal leadership development curriculum.
- Builds informal 'collateral' materials to support Leadership & Management Development goals & objectives for pull through & continuum
- Works closely with corporate and field leadership on leadership immersion activities (e.g. POAs, National Meetings etc.).
- Responsible for vendor management, when appropriate, for development and/or delivery of training initiatives.
- Creates a collaborative climate with the Human Resource team to ensure that development plans are created for those designated within the DSAC organization that support leadership strength & growth.
- Works closely with other functions within DSAC to create an annual needs assessment for ongoing Organizational Development & designing a program roadmap for successful skill development
- Assess opportunities for program efficiencies between Leadership Development programs & Organizational Development priorities for inclusivity and maximize exposure & skill growth
- Create learning and development opportunities for the commercial business with a focus on business objectives and organizational core competencies and values.
- Ensure that projects outside of Leadership and Individual/Organizational Development align to the language, intent & training developed for Leadership Development programs (i.e. FCRs, Reviews, IDP, Talent Reviews, etc)
- Develops an annual plan of how to broadcast elements of the program, successes of the program, and the benefits of the program to Talent development & DSI
- Ensure integration into existing Talent initiatives, strong tie to our business outcomes and clear expectations for the individual
- Ongoing validation of the scope and the mission of the programs
This role can be a remote-based position with Travel to Home Office for meetings with cross functional partners and/or classroom/program facilitation - 50%
Ad Hoc overnight Travel to field contacts, task force meetings, and training initiatives - 25%
Lifting & transporting training materials up to 70 lbs - 15%
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Master's Degree preferred.
- Content/Curricula or Training certifications preferred in adult learning training content
- Minimum of 8-10 years Pharmaceutical industry experience required
- Minimum of 5 years Pharmaceutical Training and/or Sales Management experience preferred
- Leadership, Interpersonal, and Management skills (This position will be responsible to lead/manage a staff and the training interactions with other departments and senior management)
- This position requires supporting the developing and maintaining of an annual budget, and conducting frequent needs assessments
- Strategic/Vision to be able to identify trends and future needs and execute on these needs for the department
- Organizational skills, Time Management, Multi-Task Mgmt, & Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles & instructional design abilities and experience. This position directs the evaluation of all training processes to ensure that sound instructional design principles are applied and that training policies and procedures are incorporated as required.
- Understanding of and comfort in the technical area of distance learning
- Strong presentation/communication/ facilitation skills
- Knowledge & Experience with company disease state, product knowledge, and Selling Skills
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.