Requisition ID: PRO018905
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Job Description - Director of Long Term Strategy - Lung Cancer (U.S.)
"Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our marketing team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck Pharmaceuticals is a world leader in providing medicines to treat and prevent diseases around the world. Our vision is to make a difference in the lives of people globally through our innovative medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, consumer care and animal health products. We aspire to be the best healthcare company in the world and are dedicated to providing leading innovations and solutions for tomorrow.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Long Term Strategy- Lung Cancer (U.S.) for a breakthrough immuno-oncology product, KEYTRUDA. The product is currently launched and approved for use in the treatment of numerous cancers but an active program is in place to expand into other cancers. The position will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA and will report to the Executive Director, U.S. Marketing.
This position will require outstanding leadership, problem solving, people management, collaboration and strong marketing and strategic product management experience. This experienced marketer's role will be to lead life-cycle strategy development and prepare the U.S. market for future opportunities for the largest tumor family for KEYTRUDA, lung cancer. The candidate will do this in coordination with the global marketing team, and in collaboration with the US marketing lead for current launched lung indications.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead life cycle strategy development for KEYTRUFDA lung cancer business including for combinations with Lenvima/Lynparza, and other novel mechanisms
- Responsible for developing mid to long term strategies that maximizing physician acceptance, market penetration, profitability, and uptake for future lung indications
- Preparing the US market for introduction of future lung indications
- Shaping US Medical Education strategy and evidence generation/ dissemination planning for current/future lung indications
- Addressing data gaps in collaboration with Global Commercial teams
- Provide appropriate US commercial input into clinical development program for future lung indications and develop a strong product value proposition
- Work with finance and business planning to manage brand forecast and demand planning for future lung indications
- Effectively partner within the lung cancer Team, with cross-functional partners, and global counterparts to maximize business opportunity
- Successfully navigate internal and external environments to deliver value
- Effective cross-functional leadership with proven ability to create strategies that generate both revenue and operating income
Education Minimum Requirement:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of eight (8) years Pharmaceutical business experience
- Minimum of 5 years brand marketing experience
- Minimum of 2 years of Oncology marketing experience including lung cancer specific experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience in Marketplace Assessment, Development of Disease State and Product Strategy, Product Positioning, and Brand Marketing
- Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with collaboration, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinking
- Minimum 2 years of prior people management
- Ability to work within complex organizations and markets and lead sub-teams in support of key marketing strategy areas
- Requires approximately 15-20 % travel, including some weekends.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Sales and Global Marketing experience
- Product/Indication Launch experience in the US market
- Global commercial development experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Product Management/Marketing ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck