These newly created positions report into our client's Head of Market Access, U.S.
Our client is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new cancer treatments through immunotherapies. They have activities spanning from early stage development through pivotal clinical trials, planned license application submission(s), product approval(s) and beyond. As a Market Access Director covering either the Eastern, Central or Western region of the U.S., the individuals in these positions will be directly responsible for the market development and implementation of coverage and reimbursement strategies maximizing patient access and optimize product uptake. Each will be responsible for minimizing and/or removing barriers associated with patient access to product with large national payers and key regional payers. This role is critical to our client's pre- and post- launch strategy with large key payer targets, especially large national commercial insurers.
- Deliver value proposition and educate national payer stakeholders on product and economic benefit and reimbursement.
- Facilitate meetings / network with national payers to ensure product access.
- Execute the Client identified managed market initiatives to a high level of achievement.
- Demonstrate Managed Markets knowledge and leadership with both internal stakeholders (including cross functional teams such as Marketing, Medical Science Liaisons, Operations, Trade and Sales Leadership teams) and external stakeholders (payer customers, key decision makers etc.).
- Thoroughly understand how policy and formulary decisions are made by each key targeted payer and how to best influence and positively impact.
- Effectively utilize CRM system to maintain a data repository of all key payer account profiles keeping the life cycle of account management updated in an electronic database.
- Identify & utilize resources needed to monitor managed market trends & market dynamics.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Trade and Medical Affairs to develop/execute the payer marketing strategy based on market research and market dynamics.
- Communicate effectively with the commercial team on managed market trends.
- Provide input to payer marketing on overall market strategy including feedback on local market strategy.
- Adhere to and effectively communicate contract strategy, contract compliance, development, claims analysis, execution and ongoing tracking and management of contracts for government and commercial payers, insurers and scenario planning.
- Operate in full compliance of company policies and corporate governance.
- Bachelor Degree - BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- Candidate should have 10+ years of demonstrated experience and proven success in biotech / pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Market Access with national and regional accounts
- Field sales management experience preferred
- Successful experience in product launches and execution of launch strategies/tactical plans
- Strong financial background and analytical skills
- 5+ years' experience and successful track record with large national payers, including PBMs. Existing relationships within these accounts is critical.
- Proven credibility in gaining accelerated access to key decision makers and influencers with time efficiency within the targeted plans.
- Prior track record of either obtaining optimal access and/or removing access barriers within large national and key regional payer(s)for new product launch is desired.
- Relevant Oncology and Rare Disease/Orphan Drug experience with buy and bill product(s)
- Strong analytical, account management and negotiation skills (previous experience with large payer contract a must)
- Strong networking and leadership skills
- Action-oriented with a sense of urgency and professionalism
- Ability to drive and produce results; plan, organize and prioritize activities; manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously; and think strategically and execute tactically
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience leading high-powered teams without direct responsibility for managing
- Ability to manage and measure results/performance
- Business acumen & problem solving skills
- Demonstrates strong bottom-line orientation with financial & budget responsibility