• 7-10 years of operation and project management experience
• 5-10 years of leadership experience managing the team of 25+ people.
• Clinical trial or CRO background is a plus.
• Oversees the strategic planning and tactical operational management of delivery necessary to drive our growth and profitability.
• Interfaces for the Business Line Managers (BLMs) and Service Line Managers (SLMs) into the production/operations organization, working with the BLMs/ SLMs to determine operational requirements for the business lines.
• Plans with the regional leaders of production regionally to establish and manage core improvements impacting the business and service lines.
• Provides governance and management of joint business line and operations activities through establishment of best practices such as Forums and Stakeholder processes.
• Manages cross-functional data and product issues with input from the BLMs, SLMs, Production and client input, promoting production capabilities, and implementing strategic initiatives tactically.
• Supports responses to RFP's and business proposals.
• Creates, maintains, and utilizes best practice management tools: PIP, P&L analysis, Process Assessments and Product Dashboards for the ongoing quality, speed and efficiency of our products.
• Works with global counterparts to ensure alignment.
• Assign, coordinate, and manage the workloads of project management staff, content and QA staff, and executive staff.
• Receive and escalate issues from subordinate staff, especially project managers. Resolve issues when possible, or assign to other staff (product, business, IT, etc).
• Create and maintain a transparent all-projects schedule with statuses and important milestones so that all SC members are informed about upcoming deliverables and emergencies.
• Assist business staff and product owner in the writing and reviewing of budgets, contracts, proposals, questionnaires, and audits.
• Identify and recommend resource shortfalls and redundancies. Advise in the hiring and firing of Operations team.
• Coordinate the organization of time/expense tracking. including vendor costs, for reports, analysis, and projections.
• Ensure that all work adheres to all applicable policies, procedures and work instructions.
• Ensure project managers consistently deliver projects on-time, on-budget, per specification and with high levels of customer satisfaction.
1) Participates in planning sessions as necessary to assist in determining project approach and overall timelines associated with project requirements.
2) Establish, communicate a quality metrics.
• Establish and roll-out strategies for efficient implementation and continuous improvement of SOPs and WIs, based on metrics and feedback.
• Coordinate formal and informal project management training.
• Provide demos and sales presentations as needed in support of commercial teams, marketing teams, business partners and customers.
• Serve as a mentor/advisor to project managers.Assist Project Managers with managing/aligning customer expectations.
• Performs limited project management on special projects or in special situations.
• Ensures client needs are communicated clearly to the product team.
• Establish a deep understanding of all operational aspects from business development through project close-out and provide support as needed to open bottlenecks and as problems or issues are encountered.
• Implement and maintain IQVIA Project Management Standards across the business unit.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.