Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Summary: The Director of Portfolio Management, Global Project Management and Leadership (GPM&L) has a key role to play in supporting Daiichi Sankyo Research and Development (R&D) decision making. Working under the broad guidance of the Head of Portfolio, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of portfolio management deliverables including prioritization, analytics, data visualization, decision analysis, scheduling, and resource management.
- Portfolio Management: Implement best practices including development and use of qualitative and quantitative methods for portfolio prioritization, decision analysis, project trade-offs, and assigning probability of success to support decision making. Working in collaboration with the Global Project Teams, related Functions and Finance apply analytical skills to clearly present options and solutions to optimize the drug development portfolio across both Oncology and Specialty Medicine.
- Project Planning: Proactively identify improvements to project and portfolio management systems and reporting mechanisms. Ensure Global Project Managers are trained on Portfolio Management processes and systems as appropriate. Represent Daiichi Sankyo at pharma benchmarking forums such as CMR / Clarivate Analytics and provide industry trend analysis and insights to the project management community.
- Strategic Planning: Contribute to or lead non-drug projects related to RD strategy.
- Global Project Management & Leadership: As a member of the GPML function this position is also accountable for supporting divisional and departmental level objectives. May also manage a drug development program.
- Governance Support: Support executive decision making by providing relevant portfolio reports and in advance of governance meetings. Develop agendas and minutes and provide advice to teams on presentation preparation.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- advanced degree preferred (i.e., MS, MBA or PhD) in a scientific discipline with additional relevant experience preferred Experience Qualifications
- 10 or More Years preferred
- 4 or More Years in a PM or related role in a biotech or pharmaceutical company. preferred
- Demonstrated success as a project manager/leader in planning and executing strategies for global drug development, commercialization and life cycle management. preferred
- Proven track record as a leader/influencer. preferred
- Direct people management experience preferred Licenses and Certifications
Licenses and Certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or training in project management preferred
- Travel Ability to travel up to 10% Ability to travel up to 10% both domestically and internationally.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.