Position may be based in DC or New Jersey
About the Department
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare providers, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Director develops and implements plans to engage with outside organizations and associations to advance Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) enterprise strategies. Works on complex issues that require an in-depth knowledge of the company and its long-term ambitions. Understands NNI's business and proactively identifies and prioritizes opportunities to partner with advocacy groups and influence/advance company aims. Identifies, creates, and manages key relationships with select associations and organizations. Defines mutual goals and objectives and builds awareness and support of overall strategic benefits of the alliance/partnership. Collaborate and coordinate with peers and cross-functional colleagues locally and globally.
Reports to the Market Access and Public Affairs Senior Director, Alliance Development. Other internal relationships include all other Market Access & Public Affairs teams, Sales Marketing/Brand, Medical, Legal, Compliance, Communications and other key stakeholders locally and globally.
External relationships include Associations and Advocacy groups that have been identified as strategic partners. Interactions frequently involve influencing and partnering with senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to NNI.
- Develop, implement, and track progress of prioritized business plans for assigned responsibilities
- Ensure action plans are aligned with MAPA and Enterprise priorities, taking into account the priorities and objectives of other internal partners (ie – Medical, Commercial, etc)
- Apply a balanced approach that takes into account customer and stakeholder objectives
- Proactively explore and evaluate potential/emerging needs of the company and develop corresponding actions
- Build and maintain strategic networks of relationships internally (locally and globally) and externally (with partner associations and other key organizations)
- Actively engage with other members in the Alliance Development team, and work with the Senior Director to ensure a coordinated strategy is pulled through the broader PA team
- Communicate with local and global colleagues, as needed, apprising them of US plans and programs
- Coordinate with, provide education to, and communicate proactively with internal stakeholders to effectively collaborate and inform
20-30% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced Degree a plus
- 10+ years of relevant business experience; Pharmaceutical/healthcare industry experience preferred
- Pharmaceutical/healthcare industry experience and knowledge of NNI’s therapeutic areas and marketplace preferred
- Demonstrated career progression with increasing roles of responsibility
- Strong executive presence and communication/presentation skills that engage senior leaders among internal and external audiences
- Ability to convey passion and generate excitement and enthusiasm about Novo Nordisk
- Proven track record of effective strategic planning, execution and follow up
- Strong relationship builder and cross-functional team collaborator
- Previous experience working in a matrixed organizational structure
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.