Vir is a clinical-stage immunology company with a compelling mission; "A World Without Infectious Disease". We are focused on combining immunologic insights with innovative technologies. We have assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and improve the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of product individuals targeting hepatitis B virus, influenza A, SARS-CoV-2, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Bio is seeking a Director to support Vir's public-private partnership efforts, which target collaborations with governments, donor agencies, and non-governmental organizations. The Director will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and establishing these partnerships and facilitating interactions with such partners, as applicable to Vir's portfolio. In addition, the Director will lead the coordination and submission of grants and/or proposals to public agencies, private foundations, and other organizations supporting Vir's efforts. The Director will report to the Vice-President, Global Health Portfolio and Public-Private Partnerships, and work closely with Alliance Management.
- Lead the internal coordination of interactions with potential public sector partners and granting agencies.
- Lead the coordination and preparation of grant and partnership proposals to potential partners.
- Advise program and project teams on potential partnership opportunities.
- Track project progress and reporting to granting agencies for successful grants.
- Create and maintain project plans, timelines, agendas, budgets, resourcing requirements, rolling summaries and other tools required to facilitate planning and coordination of grant proposals and other submissions.
- Facilitate and manage interactions with external consultants and partners.
- Support strategic projects as requested in partnership with Alliance Management, Business Development, Clinical Development, Finance and Research teams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of experience in a relevant industry setting with a focus in infectious diseases.
- Successful track record partnering with government and non-governmental organizations is required.
- Familiarity with U.S. government application portals, such as System for Award Management (SAM), eRA commons, and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), is highly preferred.
- Successful grant writing and grant management experience is highly preferred.
- Exceptional project management skills, including timeline and budget development.
- Significant knowledge of relevant science with hands-on experience from multiple stages of drug development.
- Excellent oral, written and scientific presentation communication skills are required.
- High emotional intelligence and ability to establish strong and trusting relationships.
- Possesses a high degree of scientific and ethical integrity.
- Strong strategic thinking with high energy level and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, ambiguous, fast-paced, respectful environment.
- Detail-oriented organizational and program management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
- Ability to organize/prioritize workload effectively to meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Displays the highest levels of resilience, embracing challenges inherent in a highly dynamic environment.
- Advanced degree in life sciences, public policy or related field
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.