About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the FDA to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Director, Real World Data Analytics (RWDA) leads the development and execution of RWDA strategic initiatives and specific programs for the assigned therapeutic area or function area through customer engagement, communication, advanced analytics. The incumbent acts as a strategic partner and leads customer engagement in assigned therapeutic area with NNI stakeholders within Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) Strategy and Evidence Generation, Research Partnerships, Field Medical, North America Clinical Operations), Market Access and Public Affairs, as well as a liaison to therapeutically aligned global counterparts in Epidemiology, Data Science and Real-World Evidence (RWE). The Director communicates the RWDA strategy and project execution to internal and external stakeholders on behalf of RWDA and NNI as well as serves as an advisor on real world data, advanced analytics and real-world evidence methods. S/he leads the development and execution of advanced analytic methods in the development of real-world evidence and insights. S/he manages partner relationships, vendors and strategic collaborations on behalf of RWDA and NNI. The Director serves as the therapeutic area team or function area leader in the execution of specific in-house real-world data studies across the entire Novo Nordisk portfolio utilizing the Novo Nordisk data platform as well as working with external platforms housing real world data (including electronic health records, administrative health claims, as well as uniquely sourced health data). The role acts the real-world data champion within assigned therapeutic area by ensuring the RWDA strategy incorporates key RWD assets.
The Director, RWDA reports to the head of RWDA. The Director is responsible for therapeutic team or functional area leadership within RWDA through proactive stakeholder engagement and associated RWE execution, communication of RWDA strategy and RWE to internal and external stakeholders, and leadership in the use of advanced analytics to generate RWE.
RWDA Team Leadership
- Leads and manages the execution of all RWD analyses within the assigned therapeutic or functional area conducted internally, with partners and with vendors
- Utilizes the NN Real World Data platform, partnership platforms and analytic tools
- Develops and maintains stakeholder relationships to ensure optimal utility of RWD within NNI
- Mentors junior staff
- Communicates the RWDA strategy to key internal stakeholders within assigned therapeutic area responsibilities
- Communicates RWE from RWD analytics to internal stakeholders, customers and scientific community
- Leadership in Advanced Analytics
- Serves as lead reviewer of the Clinical Development & Outcomes Research (CDOR) Research Review Committee
- Acts as a key subject matter expert in various methodological and advanced analytic functions and provides consultation to / collaborates with key internal and external stakeholders directly to provide tangible solutions that are aligned to portfolio strategy
10-20% overnight travel required.
- PhD Preferred or master’s degree in appropriate field required (e.g., epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, health economics) and at least 8 years of experience in leading RWD analytics, development of RWE and key stakeholder engagement roles
- Keen knowledge and at least 8 years of experience in research using real world data and its applications in clinical and business decision making
- Experience in advanced analytics including artificial intelligence, machine learning and other advanced methods
- Demonstrated prior research accomplishment (e.g., publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences)
- Excellent leadership, strong communication and critical thinking skills with keen knowledge of real-world databases
- Excellent process and project management skills required including the ability to manage a significant volume of projects with exercise of good triage and judgement skills
- Strong business acumen and a team player
- Strong strategic thinking skills
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.