Requisition ID: PRO019151
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing
Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for a Director Biomarker and Diagnostics Strategy, KEYTRUDA (U.S.) for a breakthrough immuno-oncology product, KEYTRUDA.
The current KEYTRUDA label has multiple indications that incorporate companion diagnostics and there is a need to develop and implement both short and long term strategic and tactical marketing plans and programs around the biomarkers and companion diagnostics given its impact on drug adoption.
This role has ownership for the pan-tumor biomarker and diagnostics strategy in the U.S. market focusing on current indications utilizing the PD-L1 and MSI/MMR biomarkers, and future indications incorporating novel biomarkers and diagnostics.
The position will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA and will report to the Executive Director, U.S. Marketing.
This position will require outstanding leadership, problem solving, people management, collaboration and strong marketing and strategic product management experience. A deep understanding of the diagnostic and oncology market, is a plus.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the overall development and execution of U.S. short and long term commercial Biomarker & Diagnostic strategic and tactical plans and programs supporting KEYTRUDA indications
- Lead a team of Associate Director Marketers supporting all business activities including but not limited to launch planning, communications, digital initiatives, customer segmentation and positioning, market research, forecasting, SL/KOL engagement, conference presence and management
- Partner with U.S. Tumor teams to ensure alignment of diagnostic strategies and efforts to the overall KEYTRUDA brand and commercialization strategies
- Collaborate with diagnostic partners on market specific commercialization plans, positioning, messaging, tactics etc.
- Work in close partnership with the Director OCAR - Surround Sound Team to provide strategic and tactical direction to the Oncology Diagnostic Specialists
- Work with internal cross-functional partners including OCAR, Medical Affairs, Alliance Management, Procurement, Finance, Market Research, Communications, Legal, etc. to effectively align and implement tactical plans
- Engage with Scientific Leaders via Advisory Boards, Expert Input Forums (EIF), conferences, symposia etc. to help inform strategy definition
- Partner with Global Biomarker and Diagnostics team to provide U.S. market commercial input into the clinical development strategies of new biomarkers & diagnostics, cut-off, scoring methods etc.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA
- Minimum of 8 years Pharmaceutical and/or Diagnostic business experience
- Minimum 2 years of Oncology and/or Companion Diagnostic marketing experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience in Marketplace Assessment, Development of Disease State and Product Strategy, Product Positioning, and Brand Marketing
- Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with collaboration, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinking
- Minimum 2 years of prior people management
- Ability to work within complex organizations and markets and lead sub-teams in support of key marketing strategy areas
- Requires approximately 15-20 % travel, including some weekends.
- Sales and Global Marketing experience
- Product/Indication Launch experience in the US market
- Global commercial development experience
- Oncology specific companion diagnostic experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Product Management/Marketing ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck