Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Director of Software Development
IQVIA is developing and expanding our next-generation commercial data processing platform "IMSOne" to support big data analytics and insights against heterogeneous data sources from life science and healthcare providers. We are currently seeking an experienced leader with experience in building, architecting and driving product engineering initiatives using Spark, Hive Hadoop, and ML/NLP capabilities.
- Building and managing team of individuals passionate about data analytics and engineering
- Provide thought leadership and champion product engineering discipline for a team
- Must be able to interface with various solution/business areas to understand the requirements and support the development
- Driving innovation and building new capabilities to solve complex healthcare and life science data management problems
- Help establish and maintain the data governance processes and mechanisms for Data Lake and DWH
- Develops and architect IM (Data Warehousing and MDM) software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes
- Investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Experince driving initiatives for complex data pipelines & analytics platform with Hive, Spark, Presto, Cassandra & NodeJS
- Strong understanding of data warehousing design and concepts
- Experience building solutions with multiple cloud infrastructure (AWS must), other cloud experience good to have
- Background in the Healthcare, Life Sciences, or Pharmaceutical Industry prefferred
- 5+ years of experience building, managing and driving data management analytics innovation for life science domain
- 5+ years strong experience in database and data warehousing/data lake concepts and techniques
- 3+ years' experience managing and architecting Machine learning and deep learning initiatives
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1034474