Director, Supply Chain
Inspiration, imagination, and innovation. Here at Aerie Pharmaceuticals, we share this passion for finding new approaches to protecting vision. United by great science, deep clinical insight, and a singular focus on your ophthalmic needs, we see the possibilities ahead and invite you to join us in creating the future of eye care.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals seeks qualified candidates for a full-time position in our Manufacturing department located in Research Triangle Park, NC. The Director, Supply Chain is responsible for the overall responsibility for Aerie’s global Manufacturing supply chain, including supply-demand planning and coordination of commercial manufacturing activities for Aerie’s products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for successful development and implementation of Aerie’s global supply chain strategy to include establishment of necessary company infrastructure, policies, procedures, and budgets.
- Responsible for supply-demand planning and translation of company demand into commercial production plans for entire manufacturing network. Lead Aerie’s Global Sales and Operations Planning activities (S&OP) to ensure coordination of production plan across entire network.
- Develop complex models to evaluate manufacturing scenarios and develop risk mitigation strategies. Leverage automated platforms to streamline and optimize production and scenario planning models.
- Manage shelf life dating on all finished drug product and report on short dated, expired, or obsolete material.
- Define and report on Supply Chain metrics for internal manufacturing, external manufacturing and key suppliers. Lead projects designed to standardize, simplify, automate and continuously improve supply chain processes.
- Lead the implementation of corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) in the event of a manufacturing or distribution incident, serious adverse event or recall affecting Aerie Products.
- Ensure that current and future DSCSA (serialization) requirements are in place for product in the supply chain. Align serialization activities across all sites and ensure practices are consistent with the company’s serialization strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring import/export of product between USA, EU, Japan and rest of world is in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Ensure all necessary carriers, shipping containers, temperature controls, shipping studies and monitoring devices are in place and validated to support cold chain distribution of Aerie’s products.
- Liaise with Finance for all commercial inventory reporting including Month End/Quarter End inventory reconciliation and confirmations. Lead Aerie’s Physical Inventory Audit and cycle counts.
- Work with Commercial, Manufacturing and Quality teams to ensure that an adequate supply of product is always available. Ensure that necessary backup manufacturing resources and contingency plans are in place to avoid failure of supply to the marketplace in the event of a supply chain upset.
- Partner with Aerie leadership in the development of commercial launch plans for Aerie’s commercial products.
- Responsible for developing and negotiating favorable agreements with third party manufacturers and managing supplier’s performance against contract requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High level strategic planning and analytical skills are required with ability to effectively communicate the vision for a successful US, EU, Japan and rest of world supply chain strategy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supply-demand planning and development of models to evaluate complex production scenarios.
- Experience implementing Supply Agreements and managing commercial production/ distribution with external suppliers.
- Must be highly motivated leader with proven ability to think/act strategically while still maintaining necessary attention to detail to ensure production plans/models are accurate.
- Ability to function independently and work across borders with cross-functional teams in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Fosters strong spirit of cooperation, adaptability, and teamwork with external manufacturers and colleagues, with an entrepreneurial and customer-focused orientation.
- Knowledge of product serialization requirements for the US, EU and Japan.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP (preferably SAP) computerized control systems, inventory control methods, and distribution standard operating procedures with respect to US, EU and Japan.
- In depth knowledge of rules and regulations governing import/export of pharmaceutical products between USA, Canada, Japan and Europe.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Experience:
- BS degree in a relevant technical field. Advanced degree and/or MBA with a focus on logistics and supply chain management a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in supply chain and logistics roles in the pharmaceutical industry. At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role over a worldwide pharmaceutical products supply chain.
- People management experience is preferred.
- Experience with sterile products manufacturing is preferred; cold chain distribution experience is required.
- Knowledge of Good Distribution Practices, including US, Canadian and European regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software Products: Word, Excel, Power Point, Project
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard office and light manufacturing environment. Mild to moderate noise levels.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.