Director, Technical Operations Strategy
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as an Director, Technical Operations Strategy. This position will be responsible for driving Kite's Technical Operations business strategy and technical innovation pipeline in collaboration with cross-functional business partners. Key interfaces for this role include Commercial, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance, Business Development, Quality, and Product Sciences.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Gathers key stakeholder input and develops the strategic planning process for the Technical Operations organization and coordinates within the Kite and Gilead strategic plans.
- Drives Technical Operations leadership in setting, tracking, and managing organizational goals and objectives.
- Leads strategic analyses with cross-functional teams to explore alternative operating strategies and models based on industry trends, diligence, and emerging best practices.
- Supports Technical Operations participation in discovering, vetting, negotiating, and integrating potential M&A targets.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering presentations, reports and associated analysis for all levels of the organization, including senior Kite and Gilead management.
- Combines business acumen and strong strategic thinking to provide Operations Team Leaders and Program Managers with insightful business support.
- BS degree required, preferred with a focus in finance or science
- MBA and/or PhD in a relevant discipline preferred
- 12+ years of related professional experience
- Leadership of complex, cross-functional, virtual teams
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing supply chain and commercial strategy
- Strong knowledge of advances in life sciences operational processes and technology
- Scientific/technical training and /or experience is an advantage.
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively identify, investigate, and prioritize innovative processes and technology
- Strong financial system / modeling acumen
- Should possess working knowledge of drug development and manufacturing processes in a health authority regulated environment.
- Previous operational, consulting, and/or business management experience is an advantage.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and build relationships across disciplines.
- Strong analytical ability with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional skills in assessing, summarizing and presenting business or operational priorities and decision-points for effective, timely and efficient management/executive decision-making.
- Superior problem-solving skills with proven abilities to anticipate issues and recommend effective and efficient solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork to meet deliverables.
- Inspires trust and respect.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may email@example.com assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.