Our Pharmaceuticals business has a broad portfolio of innovative and established medicines. We currently focus on developing new medicines in respiratory and HIV/infectious diseases, oncology and immuno-inflammation; with discovery research exploring these and other areas.
The business is made up of innovative and established medicines and holds leading market positions in respiratory disease and HIV. In our Pharmaceuticals R&D organisation, almost 80% of research spending focuses on two current therapy areas: respiratory and HIV/infectious diseases; and two potential areas: oncology and immuno-inflammation.
Our portfolio is made up of innovative and established medicines and we have leading global positions in respiratory disease and HIV.
We have been a leader in respiratory disease for over 40 years and have a portfolio of mature products. In recent years, we have strengthened and broadened our respiratory portfolio with the addition of new medicines including an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) and long-acting beta2 agonist (LABA) combination, a long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) and LABA dual bronchodilator.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop and lead team to execute district business plan and implement district business strategies to meet district, regional and national objectives
- Lead and manage therapeutic area to sell promoted products to all customers according to the direction of management
- Lead and manage the therapeutic area to promote the product portfolio for their sales force, including the products that are not part of the bonus plan.
- Recruit, hire and retain qualified representatives. Prepare all required paperwork and administrative procedures to support hiring activities.
- Monitor progress in meeting established objectives.
- Ensure optimum coverage of all customers and potential customers.
- Provide adequate training, coaching, follow-up and development of sales representatives in all phases of their work including career development.
- Ensure that representatives understand marketing strategies and thoroughly communicate balanced product information.
- Plan and conduct sales meetings to inform, train, and motivate representatives.
- Keep current on relevant matters including company business, policy and procedures.
- Ensure effective distribution of products in the district including adequate stocking and adequate coverage of all distribution channels.
- Utilize staff as consultants in coordinating large programs, e.g., symposia, speakers' bureau.
- Manage and control expenses to maximize return on investment.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 2+ years Pharma/Biotech/Device district manager experience
- 4- year BA/BS degree required from an accredited institution
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience leading/managing in a complex healthcare environment
- Completion of a management development training program and/or special assignment (Other headquarter / cross functional expertise, e.g., sales training, sales ops, marketing, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of, and response to, the changing selling environment - mastery of selling and coaching skills
- Strong communication, coaching and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate internal matrix
- Performance Management Experience
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness