Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking an experienced and motivated scientist to join our DMPK team. Reporting to the Head of DMPK, this role will participate in discovery and translational research efforts aimed at characterizing the ADME/PK properties of small and large molecules. She/he will be an integral part of a highly collaborative group, working closely with discovery and development teams such as Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Structural Biology, Toxicology and Clinical Pharmacology. She/he will design and perform screening studies, report study results, manage CROs, take an active role in project team discussions, as well as participate to regulatory submission supporting activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Evaluate the ADME/PK properties of drug candidates by conducting in-house studies and managing CROs for outsourced work; acquire, review and present data.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical/scientific issues; routinely use high resolution and triple quadrupole mass spectrometers.
- Author protocols, support regulatory filing efforts.
- Present/discuss data and strategies as well as represent DMPK at multidisciplinary team meetings, collaborate with various functions Contribute to the introduce of new capabilities and the implementation of new protocols where appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant DMPK literature.
- Keep quality electronic records and upload data into company databases.
- Ensure adherence to the highest quality standards and quick turnaround times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in a relevant field with 2 years' industry R&D experience, MS with a minimum of 6 years' of experience, or BS with a minimum of 8 years preferred.
- Strong hands-on experience with in vitro and in vivo ADME/PK routine assays, method development as well as quantitative and qualitative bio-analysis by LCMS.
- Familiarity with DMPK techniques and methodologies; understanding of ADME/PK principles and strategies used in drug discovery and preclinical development.
- Complex problem solving- and analytical skills, exercise critical thinking; strive for scientific excellence.
- Ability and desire to learn and grow beyond DMPK-related activities.
- Solid communication and organizational skills; attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with biopharmaceuticals desirable but not required.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.