Requisition ID: BUS003277
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
As a member of the Document Resources and Strategies Group in Supply Chain Management, the Document Publishing Sr. Specialist will perform a variety of activities and manage staff associated with Elkton documentation processes. The Sr. Specialist is accountable for the design, implementation, sustainment, and performance of standard business processes relating to documentation lifecycles with a primary focus on creation and publishing. This responsibilities of this position include:
- Responsible for updating, routing, and publishing documents in Electronic Document Management System
- Manage a high-functioning team of document publishers
- Coordinate the needs of functional areas and establish priorities for documentation enhancements, such as implementation of new functionality, design of templates for new/revised documents, design of queries and reports.
- Develop working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (QMS) and specifically support Data Governance and GMP/GDP Records topic implementation and compliance
- Participates on, or leads teams supporting internal functions and/or evaluating site processes for improvement opportunities.
- Author/update relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Develop reports, presentations, tables, graphs, and correspondence
- Evaluate data and information to determine accuracy and find/resolve potential errors in systems
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Document Resources and Strategies Manager.
- Work requires the coordination and performance of multiple tasks while understanding the project principles and technical skills related to the work assignments. The Document Publishing Sr. Specialist must be able to:
- Produce/complete various work assignments requiring advanced analytical ability, independent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills
- Prioritize and perform activities with little supervision
- Interpret customer needs, assess requirements and identify solutions to non-standard requests
- Make decisions within guidelines and policies which impact a range of standard and non-standard customer, operational, project or support activities
- Understand and apply regulatory/compliance requirements relative to the role
- Make process-based decisions
- Drive business process improvements
Education Minimum Requirement:
Required: Bachelors Degree - Preferably in Science, English, Information Technology, Business, or Communications related field
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of three (3) years experience using Electronic Document Management Systems in a Regulated environment
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
- Advanced-level knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments
- Ability to perform at a high level of accuracy and quality
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including flexibility, collaboration and inclusion skills, and ability to work in a team environment
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- MIDAS documentum experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff, projects, and assignments
- Project Management Experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Business Consulting
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia