Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products.
The Operations Technician position is available at our Animal Health facility in Elkhorn, Nebraska, located on the West end of Omaha. The Elkhorn facility is expanding operations to manufacture animal vaccines and biologics. Looking for talented individuals to join our Production teams using key technologies for cell culture, filling and packaging.
The Technician will work within a cross-functional Downstream Integrated Process Team (IPT). The initial primary focus will be to participate within a team operating a fast-paced packaging line to assure the proper labeling and packaging of products in careful compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and established Standard Operating Procedures. The Associate Technician will be expected to don sterile gowning and work as directed within Clean Rooms.
This position will perform the following duties and other tasks as needed:
- Stage packaging components, i.e., cartons, boxes, etc.
- Set up and operate automated and semi-automated machinery
- Perform minor maintenance and adjustment of packaging equipment
- Inspect label application for proper coding and a correct placement on the vial
- Pack labeled vials into cartons and cases
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation in SPP's and all other applicable departmental records
- Reconcile counts of packaging components and maintain accurate production inventories via SAP
- Perform cleaning and sanitizing functions for work areas as necessary
- Operate aseptic filling lines
- Operate capping machines
- Unload freeze dryers
- Prepare materials and equipment for sterilization
- Operate autoclave equipment
- Provide other support as directed within the IPT
The hours for this position will be Monday - Thursday 5AM - 3:30PM.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Required Experience and Skills:
- Ability to operate manufacturing equipment.
- Working knowledge of mechanics and ability to troubleshoot line equipment.
- General knowledge of reading, mathematics, using both U.S. customary and metric systems
- Good communication skills and proficient computer skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Two years relevant manufacturing experience and a basic understanding of electromechanical systems, manufacturing procedures, techniques and equipment
- Strong attention to detail and good documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate and work in cooperation with other employees in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of cGMP and inventory control concepts.
- An understanding of aseptic techniques and procedures.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: