About the Department
The Diabetes Sales Team leads the US sales efforts for Novo Nordisk’s robust cardiometabolic product portfolio, which includes world class therapies for the treatment of diabetes, obesity, and the reduction of adverse cardiovascular events. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our portfolio vision, business strategies, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. You will drive the NNI portfolio strategy in tandem with our marketing team, and balance performance with compassion to ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most.
At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in defeating other serious chronic conditions such as obesity, growth hormone-related disorders and rare bleeding disorders. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes and other chronic or rare diseases. We are looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Responsible for working with health system accounts and networks to execute the Diabetes Education Program strategy. Interacting with health system KOLs, providers, quality, care coordinators, advanced practice providers, and the like to identify their poorly controlled diabetes populations and support their efforts to deliver better care through diabetes education and training following ADA Standards of Care and relevant treatment guidelines. This position will report through commercial health system leadership and is part of the account teams focused on establishing Novo Nordisk as the leader in diabetes care and increasing the demand for the Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) diabetes portfolio of products.
Externally, the Diabetes Educator maintains relationships with physicians, advanced practice providers, pharmacists, nurses, patients and other key personnel within targeted health system accounts. Additionally, the diabetes educator will interact with key health system departments including: quality, care management, population health, diabetes treatment centres, and other key departments focused on improving diabetes management across the system population.
Internally, the Diabetes Educator reports to the Health Systems Diabetes Educator Manager (HSDEM). The Diabetes Educator primarily aligns and liaises with the Health System Account Manager (HSAM) and/or other internal key health system account management as part of NNIs coordinated approach to health system engagement. Other key internal stakeholders include: sales, market access, marketing, and medical personnel. This position is part of NNIs commercial organization and is responsible for key commercial performance and deliverables.
- Work with health systems accounts to identify “at risk” patient populations and utilize diabetes education following the ADA Standards of Care and other relevant treatment guidelines to appropriately recommend the most appropriate Novo Nordisk’s products and solutions approved for the customer’s needs
- Leverage PHM priorities/value-based models to change health system and provider behavior
- Maximizes opportunities with NNI brand strategies, pull-through and support programs to improve diabetes care
- Coordinate closely with NNI’s health system account teams to establish Novo Nordisk as the preferred diabetes care partner
- Localize approach and provide education and support based on health system priorities, opportunities and needs
- Coordinate with sales to competitively differentiate NNI, drive portfolio volume and improve patient outcomes
- Develops productive relationships with key decision makers responsible for the direct management and care for the “at risk” diabetes patient population (E.g., providers, care coordinators, quality, population health, clinical pharmacy)
- Educate providers on strategies to improve NNI diabetes medication adherence and collaborate with the health system account teams to leverage opportunities to train health care professionals on the proper use, handling and administration of Novo Nordisk products
- Delivers education and provider support tactics that align to the internal health system account team plans and key business deliverables
- Implement diabetes curriculum and direct overall provider/staff training and education liaising directly with the NNI account teams
- Provide enhanced awareness of the Novo Nordisk diabetes portfolio and patient support programs
- Serves as an NNI ambassador and trusted advisor in diabetes education for health system accounts
- Coordinate on the delivery of innovative programs and solutions within health care systems
- Adapts educational initiatives and tactics to stay current with the market trends and opportunities
- Implements customized educational programs based on customer needs
- Communicate and share actionable field insights and customer opportunities to field leadership
- Demonstrates openness to coaching and direction and business agility
75-90% overnight travel required; Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be in good standing by not exceeding the Novo Nordisk points threshold assigned based on review of Motor Vehicle Records.
Novo Nordisk requires all employees, both Field and Office-based, to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine by November 15, 2021. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. You will be required to upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccine card at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3+ years of relevant diabetes clinical experience required
- Registered Nurse, Registered Dietitian, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, or other relevant certifications that are Healthcare related are required
- A Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) is preferred
- Complete understanding and application of principles, practices, and standards in diabetes care
- Current knowledge of health care trends and “at risk” population management principles
- Deeper understanding of Advanced Alternative Payment Models and other quality incentives that are focused on value-based care and pay for performance
- Current health system account experience a plus
- Cardiovascular experience a plus
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to drive results
- Ability to work independently in a field-based role required
- Bilingual (i.e. fluency in Spanish and English) may be required for some areas of the country
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills are required
- Intermediate computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel)
- Prior computer experience using sales data/call reporting software preferred
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.